This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I survived Nickel Day

If you're reading this one Custard Chick, prepare to be amazed.

Quick exposition: Every year our shop has a little event where you buy one cone and get a second (equal/lesser value yadda yadda) cone for a nickel. Like BOGO, except instead of getting one for free you get one for a nickel. What a deal, right?

Except that invariably we always get a few idiots who either didn't read the ad right or just heard what they wanted to hear and - you guessed it - think everything in the store is being sold for just five cents! That's right, it doesn't occur to these honor students that a store might not want to have a day where all transactions are nearly a one hundred percent loss. Hell, one well-spent twenty dollar bill could clear out the store's inventory if such a day existed. But regardless of simple logic there's always a few people, rarely younger than sixty, who happily stride up to the window with a nickel or dime in hand. Maybe a quarter, they're gonna treat the whole family.

Except this year. Somehow, in the long busy day it just... never happened! Somehow out of the hundreds of people who showed up, the statistically staggeringly improbable event of everyone reading and correctly understanding the plain language of the advertisement occurred. Nobody bitched about not getting half the store with some pocket change.

The custard gods were with us that day. Now I just need to figure out what offering to make them to repeat this blessing next year. I'm thinking maybe something with rainbow sprinkles.

Or blood. I'll bet it's blood.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oh yes...there WILL be blood...

I like blood-flavoured ice cream.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Oh yes...there WILL be blood...

I like blood-flavoured ice cream.
        Dude, Iron Chef America is doing a Blood Battle (as in Blood is the secret ingredient, not a duel to the death) on Halloween! You may yet see it.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Seriously?!

I am SOOOOO watching that!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Seriously?!

I am SOOOOO watching that!
            What she said.

Comment

Wha... What?!

I have to admit, in the 6 years I spent at ye 'ole custard stand, I never once worked a Nickel Day (mostly because I was in school when that wonderful day happened). Jealous?

I still can't believe how I got out of that place without working a single Nickle Day.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you next year that the custard gods smile upon you yet again.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
                I have to admit, in the 6 years I spent at ye 'ole custard stand, I never once worked a Nickel Day (mostly because I was in school when that wonderful day happened). Jealous?
                Very. But I wouldn't mind mind more NDs like this one.

The very worst that happened was someone trying to beg to get the same deal with shakes, but that doesn't count because a) they weren't sucky, b) they could read, they were just hoping maybe we'd make an exception.

I don't think anybody got mad that day, which impresses me because it's always been my experience that people throw the biggest fits over "free" stuff. Anyway, thanks for the, um, finger crossing.

Comment

Working...
                X