This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire lane

Perhaps common sense occurs naturally in a little over half of the population. The rest...

The area infront of a building is a unload area/ fire lane. Just becaue it isn't labeled as such doesn't make this different. If a different area is assigned to this idea, it is usualy labeled as well. BUT Even if our fire lane had signs saying..."Fire Lane or 10 minute parking only", and SC wouldn't care. We have people park there anyway. For some reason they think this is the "safest" please, even though it is the one part of the building not coverened by any of our cameras. dumbasses! Motorcyles get left there & on the sidewalk (?) pretty often. I sit behind the desk unable to see most of the front area wondering if they thought there was a camera there in the well-lit area?

Tonight a guy comes in for a room a little after 1am. Once I have him almost checked in he asks where he can park his truck that has a long trailer attached. I proceed to tell him we have extrended parking spaces for such vehicles or if they are full he can park anywhere he won't be blocking people (which I mean as "in the parking lot area). I apparently need to be even more specific for the dumb.

He was kinda a jerk anyway, but then he asks, "Can I park out in front where I am?" (aka the unloading/loading area or fire lane) "No, any area infront of a building is a fire lane. You could park there, but if a firetruck were needing to park there in an emergency they would just plow ya out of the way."
    SC: Well, they couldn't get my truck out of the way! *glare, thinking he was soo smart*
    Me: Okay, well they would eventually move it & you would get a serious ticket then in the least.

He then gave me more glares as he walked away like he was mad I was right or something.

I know the idea of parking in an area that isn't labeled is tempting... but grrr!
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

I have the exact opposite problem with truckers... our truck parking is on the street beside the hotel (we have an agreement with the city to let semis etc park there)... but without fail they will always say things like "but isn't that a fire lane"
    umm, is the curb painted red... no
    are there signs saying no parking... no
    did I say at any time you couldn't park there... no, in fact I specifically told you TO park there
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

When I work Grave, I park my car in the loading area. This is because I FREAKING WORK THERE. I will personally have your car towed if you're parked there longer then I desire.

Other then that, you can park any damned place you desire.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yeah, EQ, I don't want my car shashed so I don't park beside the hotel lol
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

When I worked at slave-a-way, had a lady (used loosely) park in front of the store in the fire lane blocking the ramp, waiting for her passenger to return. Cop pulled up behind her and sat, flashed his lights once. Window rolled down, and she waved for the cop to go around her (BINGO!) Cop got out of his car, walked over, and told her she had 5 seconds to move, or else. Oh were customers applauding, and she sped into a parking place as fast as she could. bwa ha
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Where i work at there is wide open places NOT to park by the fuel islands. Most of the time the vehicles are moved with no problem after we tell them nicely that if they don't move their vehicles could be hit. (I get stuck with the paging cause my 'evil voice sounds so nice' and i have the page memorized)

Last night i had to tell a group of 20something year old guys that they couldn't play football in front of the fueling islands. After a coworker & i watched them play for a lil bit

Comment

We have a few older SC's who believe the fire lane is their personal parking space. One SC demanded that we pay for his parking ticket.

Comment

Working...
              X