This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest prized possession

For quite a while I've wanted to get a Gil Hibben Double Shadow fantasy knife, but every time I've looked they always go for a little more than I'm willing to pay. But I managed to score one for an even $50 shipped on eBay.

I was kinda surprised when it arrived. This thing is bigger than I thought (11.5 inches from end to end) and quite heavy. I mean, I knew this was a REAL knife, but this thing has some real heft to it. Me likey alotey.

I also picked up a United Cutlery "Phoenix" which is a knock-off of the Klingon "D'K Tahg" daggar from Star Trek. That one's over a foot long and even has the side blades that pop in and out.

I'm tempted to pose with these while wearing my Staples uniform (as in "SCs beware!"), but I don't want to look like I'm advocating violence towards SCs. And NO, I'm not stupid enough to take either to work. Both will stay in their scabbards, which will be in their boxes, and kept in a safe place.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Dave, can I be your new best friend? *drools*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yes, you may.

Got a thing for cool knives?
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Deadly weapons and unconventional weapons, mostly. What can I say, I like excitement.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Deadly weapons and unconventional weapons, mostly. What can I say, I like excitement.

Prepare to have your pants blown off (Figuratively speaking that is)

And my favourite blades

The largest of my stuff is 5 and a half feet and the smallest, well, those are the glaives that are just under a foot when fully extended.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Congrats Dave..the blade is nice.

I know how you feel. I had my little heart set on a moro kriss blade a few years back, but i kept procrastinating on buying it. When i finally was able to it was DISCONTINUED!!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack...it took me 3 MORE years to be able to find the exact one I wanted (on a weapons auction site similar to eBay) and we've lived happily ever after since.. )

I also have a rockin weapons collection....my favorite are the kamas.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
              Prepare to have your pants blown off (Figuratively speaking that is)
              *picks up her pants*

Ya don't know how little I am, do ya? I blow over in a strong breeze.

Comment

Dude, I gotta say - that is one very pink couch!

Comment

*picks up her pants*

Ya don't know how little I am, do ya? I blow over in a strong breeze.
                  Surely being small in a strong breeze is actually a good thing, since your centre of gravity is lower.

Quoth the_std View Post
                  Dude, I gotta say - that is one very pink couch!

I got that and a matching 2 seater for £100 both leather, who am I to complain or be bothered what colour it is
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Pretty! New knives are always fun
                    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Well, if things don't get moving on the settlement from the truck that ran me over, we may be bringing a bunch of cannons to Houston to "persuade" the trucking company a little bit...
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        I'm tempted to pose with these while wearing my Staples uniform (as in "SCs beware!"), but I don't want to look like I'm advocating violence towards SCs.
                        OK, just to be silly, I did get a picture with the two knives while in my Staples shirt. I think I look kinda dumb in it (might've helped if I'd shaved).

If anyone wants to see it, I'll post it.

And I think I'm going to try and pick up two more Hibben Fantasy Series knives, the Raptor and the Jackal.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                          OK, just to be silly, I did get a picture with the two knives while in my Staples shirt. I think I look kinda dumb in it (might've helped if I'd shaved).

If anyone wants to see it, I'll post it.
                          Go for it I'm curious
                          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

OK, just for you!

Me trying (and failing) to look tough

By the way, those are new glasses.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Hehehe. Sure you can ask me where the toner is...at your own risk!

Comment

Working...
                              X