X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give me other hotels info

P: person on phone

Me: *speal*
    P: I was wondering if you have a two queen available?
    Me: This is for tonight (man, I had had so many people say "NOO it's for next week!" Well, then say so.)?
    P: Uh....y...yes....
    Me: Okay well our normal rate is 124, but I can drop the rate down this time of night to 99+tax.
    P: Do you guys...um...have any rate that uh...well we have some family that are going to the hospital, do you have any rates for people that are going to the hospital?
    Me: No, sorry we sure don't (let me note, we are no where near the hospitals).
    P: Well, do you know of any hotels that offer that a rate?
    Me: (I am soooo very sick of people asking me about other hotels. I do not work at those other hotels, stop asking me stuff about them! It's bad enough that I am expected to be a jack of all trades as it is.) *slight chuckle* No, I sure don't, because I only work here.
    P: Oh... ..... .... ("oh" as in, I thought you did "oh", not a "geez don't be mean oh") So 99?
    Me: Yes, plus tax. That includes breakfast.
    P: Oh Okay...well I might call you back.
    Me: (no you won't) Okay. bye.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Oh... at least you get those people on the phone... I'll at least twice a week have someone walk in asking for directions to (insert hotel on the west side of the airport)... without fail when I tell people they need to get back on the freeway and go PAST the airport every single one of them will say something like "oh, I didn't realize there was anything out there"

why yes... the world ends at the airport... there is nothing to the west of it... the city ends at the airport, there are no suburbs past the airport, and Lord knows there aren't any other towns or even states to the west of the airport... morons...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I used to just send people on to Evanston or Salt Lake when I got people looking for special rates. We were just too small a town to give out any special rates. Evanston was usually sold out though.

Person: Oh okay! How far are those places?
      Me: *grins perkily* Evanston is about an hour and fifteen minutes away and Salt Lake is two hours away!
      Person: ...You can't do better than $125.10? At one in the morning?
      Me: Wish I could! *bats her eyelashes prettily*
      Person: *walks away mumbling*
      Me: Uh huh byeeeeee!

Comment

*stretches knowledge of geography*

hmm, I can't think of anyway that is 2 hours from salt lake and an hour fifteen from Evanston...

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Oh... at least you get those people on the phone... I'll at least twice a week have someone walk in asking for directions to (insert hotel on the west side of the airport)... without fail when I tell people they need to get back on the freeway and go PAST the airport every single one of them will say something like "oh, I didn't realize there was anything out there"

why yes... the world ends at the airport... there is nothing to the west of it... the city ends at the airport, there are no suburbs past the airport, and Lord knows there aren't any other towns or even states to the west of the airport... morons...
          haha Similar here. People assume this area is small, but it's the largest in Montana. People seem to think it's all spread out to no where though. Telling them to hit a different exit is like telling them to kill their first born.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            *stretches knowledge of geography*

hmm, I can't think of anyway that is 2 hours from salt lake and an hour fifteen from Evanston...
            Well like...two and a half hours, really.

But I don't really know, honestly. I drove really fast to get to and from Salt Lake when I'd go shopping there or in Ogden. Families don't usually drive that fast....so I can't really say...haha.

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
              Well like...two and a half hours, really.

But I don't really know, honestly. I drove really fast to get to and from Salt Lake when I'd go shopping there or in Ogden. Families don't usually drive that fast....so I can't really say...haha.
              all that's coming to mind is Kemner Wyoming... but I kinda doubt that's right

Comment

Kemmerer is on the way. (pronounced Kem-er) but no, I-80E towards Cheyenne goes straight through Green River, WY (Where I lived) and Rock Springs, WY (Where I worked)

Last edited by SorryIsGoodEnough; 11-06-2008, 11:42 AM. Reason: I'm a MORON AND DON'T KNOW NUMBERS.

Comment

Working...
                X