This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean woman at the foodcourt

So, I was on my lunchbreak in the foodcourt months ago...
    I'm waiting behind this woman at the cheesesteak place. Now this place offers a special that comes with fries and a small drink...it is cheaper than purchasing just a drink and sandwich separately. They have a HUGE sign advertising it, right above the counter.
    Sucky Lady goes up and asks the guy for a cheesesteak and soda. He offers her the special, instead, because it is less expensive even with the fries. She snaps at him that she doesn't want the fries, just a steak and soda. So, he gives her what she wants and rings her up...and it is more expensive (of course). SL then looks at the special listed above in the big sign and compares prices. She then proceeds to tear the guy a new one for not telling her about the special since that is cheaper. She snaps at him, "Give me the damn fries, and fix it." This guy just stood there all defeated and re-rang the transaction... I felt so bad for him...
    There is no excuse to be nasty to someone, especially when they offered to help you save money in the first place...and you refused!
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Damn what a witch! I would have loved to give her the fries upside her head, I hate people like this they b-tch about a situation which is completely their own fault and, of course, try and shift the blame to the workers. And of course the workers have no choice to cave in to the asshats encouraging their lousy behaviour. Grrr...

Comment

I don't cave, simply put. When I worked with food, if I was in a good mood, I'd ring up the special and ask the kitchen to leave off the fries. If she finds out she was due fries and didn't get them, she got them.

If I were in a bad mood, I rang up precisely what they ordered. The customer is always right, after all.

If she started screaming at me because I supposedly didn't tell her something I just finished telling her, I'd void the order, point out the sign reserving our right to refuse service, advise her I was refusing her service, and go on to the next customer. I'd never gotten in trouble for that.

I guess I can just be mean sometimes....
      ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
      - Cartman

Comment

Oh yeah, it's HIS fault that she wasn't paying attention when he told her earlier... Right! What a snot.

There have been many times, however, that I'll order something from McD's or where ever and they ask if I want the value meal- and I'll say no. They'll respond that it's cheaper- and I'll very very nicely say that while it IS cheaper right now, it will cost me much more money later when none of my clothes fit and I have to go buy all new stuff. (And to answer the obvious question- why don't I get the cheaper deal and throw out the fries- because I won't throw out the fries, they'll be sitting there and I'll cave and eat them- I recognize my weaknesses and try to deal with them accordingly)

Comment

You know, you could always say "Give me the value combo price then, but no fries on the tray please".

I've done that with drinks. I keep vast quantities of Coke at home. Ocasionally when I drive home, I'll pick up a drive-through meal to eat at home. I don't want or need the drink, and when the car doesn't even have a cup-holder, it's a real pain to even have it. But the meal deals are often cheaper than "burger and fries please". So I order the meal and ask them to hold the drink.

Comment

What a dumb bitch. Too wrapped up in her own little world of self-importance to listen to a lowly food server, and then too embarrassed to admit it - so she takes it out on him.
            If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Working...
            X