Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers > Praising customers, colleagues, and good service

Closed Thread

Cute 10-something-year-old Customer
Old 10-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Socks!

Default Cute 10-something-year-old Customer

Now I'm actually starting to show the fact that I'm pregnant at work lately (not being able to fit any non-maternity pants helps), and with that come all the people who exclaim, "You're pregnant? I didn't know!" Often, I will have customers randomly ask me mid-transaction, "When are you due?" It catches me off guard and takes me a moment to recall just what they're talking about. It's my first.

Cutest, though, happened just the other day.

A young girl, about 10 or so, comes through my line with her parent/guardian. I greet the parent and ask how their day has been, and the girl suddenly asks me out of the blue:

"Baby boy or baby girl?"

After the half-second "Huh?" moment, I smiled at her and said, "Baby girl."

She immediately cheered, "Yay!" and waited patiently for me to ring up the coloring set she was buying.

That just kind of made my day.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Cashier

That's too cute..I'm pregnant as well and I love when little kids come in and come up to the counter to ask me if we have a dvd. Or come up with money their parent gave them and a dvd to buy..it's just the cutest thing

Old 10-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Call Center Monkey

At work we allow customers to pre-order games. When you come into pick it up you have to sign for it. A few weeks ago this girl who had to be no more than 9, came in to pick up her Pokemon game. It had been ordered in her name and she calmly paid for it and signed the slip just like someone twice her age would have. Her dad was right there but he didn't say anything, just her do her thing.

Remarkable maturity for her age, props to those parents (or parent).

Old 12-06-2006, 03:13 PM
artisan of the shiny floor

i am normally pretty angry at work,and scowl a lot. one night i was scrubbing the front end,and a little kid,probably about 4,really really took a shine to my machine. he followed me up and down for about 5 minutes. it was great. his mom was embarassed,but myself and the cashiers got a kick out of it. normally i am annoyed by little children,but this kid wasnt in my way,and seemed to be enthralled by the machine. his folks are gonna be pissed in 14 years when he wants to be a janitor.
Closed Thread