This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad im not a call center guy

I just got off shift and i got to hear something to this effect from a guy on his cell

Guy: Hey HEY! Now am i gunna get anymore F&^%# dropped calls? I better F*^&%^% not! i Pay DAMN good money for this....no you SHUTUP AND LISTEN

etc etc etc. cranked my volume on my headphones up high and biked home thinking........'Poor phone support....'
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I get that sometimes...

Amusingly enough, it's always from the people on cel phones who are A.) Driving in a wilderness area, B.) driving and went into a tunnel, C.) going into a building and go underground or D.) My personal favorite, get a phone call while on the phone with you and leave you on hold for 10 minutes.

And of course, it's always your fault. Even if you didn't take the first call, or any of the previous calls. And it was clearly their fault.
    Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Jordan was pushing for the longest time for me to pack up and move to Lubbock..."oh you can get a great job in the $provider call center here in town" (then he proceeds to detail how $provider is shite, his cell connection always sucks, etc--gee, thanks for admitting you abuse the techs).

I'm the type of person who would most likely have a complete and utter breakdown very soon in an environment like that (either a breakdown, or get canned for going off on an asshole).

The only phone support I've done is college helpdesk and long-distance troubleshooting for family, but I've had to run interference when my dad started getting belligerent with support. I have the utmost respect for anyone who is able to put up with that and remain sane.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-14-2006, 04:45 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
        I get that sometimes...
        D.) My personal favorite, get a phone call while on the phone with you and leave you on hold for 10 minutes.

Ah! I hate that! Every time someone puts me on hold if they called me I will hang up on them. They can call me back when they're not so busy, because lord knows, there's 3 other lines ringing throughout the pharmacy that need to be dealt with.

Comment

funnest call I got at my 4 weeks at the call centre, was an lawyer who was yelling.

Me:*opens the call* and finds out the problem, go to make the address change and informs the caller of possible charges and delay.
          Caller: (yelling the entire call) " But im a laywer, these are divorce papers she needs them today"
          M: I apologuise for that sir, I can assure you the drivers will get her those papers as soon as they can, these are possible delays, not certain.
          C: Im not yelling at you, im not angry at you, Im yelling at myself for being stupid. (says this yelling by the way)
          M: *bites tounge* I understand how frustrating mistakes like that can be. *ends call*

cracks up at the guy yelling at himself on the phone....
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
          X