Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30-24-16 in One Fell Swoop. (ranty, you have been warned)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-24-16 in One Fell Swoop. (ranty, you have been warned)

Yeah, see those piddly numbers up there? Those are my hours. A week.

I got a call from my Supervisor/Last-Co-Irker M yesterday while I was making dinner. (I made another pot pie, yum!) She said that we have to cut hours again, and said I didn't have to come into "work" until 9 and work to 5. Nice that I get to work 8 hours a day again, I shrug this off and say okay.

Keep in mind I had been working 10 hours a day for three days a week for the past month and a half.

What she says next pisses me off to no end; but we'll be closed Sundays from now on.

Wait, excuse me? Did you just tell me that I lost an ENTIRE freaking day of work in one fell swoop?! I'm the best freaking employee you have in the freaking INDUSTRY and you're cutting MY days back.

So now I"m down to 16 hours a week. Yeah, right. NO way in HELL.

I'm at "work" today and tomorrow, but Sunday is when I'll be putting in my resume at other hotels. I have the experience and the drive and I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let those Twits LET ME GO. As soon as I get another job, I'm dropping off the keys to the hotel and saying "So long folks! And Thanks for all the Fish!"

I've already put in at a few places near by. A new Hilton Garden Inn has just opened up another 2 miles from here, I'm going to stop in there and see about getting a job there since they have a nice high starting pay and require their clerks to have experience.

Wish me luck and I hope the hotel from Hell DIAF.

...I'm just a LITTLE hormonal. Can you tell?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

You have my symapthy. I am fighting for hours too.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    ...I'm just a LITTLE hormonal. Can you tell?
    I thought you were your normal sweet self.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Umm... confused... how the hell does a hotel close for one day a week? Are they now just saying you can check in Monday at the earliest and must be out by Saturday
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

No, Smiley dear, my hotel is still closed due to the stupid hurricane. You know, the one that came in TWO MONTHS, almost THREE MONTHS ago.

You'd think Insurance would have kicked in by now but noooooo.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        I thought you were your normal sweet self.
        You're so sweet.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Awww man that sucks! LOL want us to look at hotels for you up here?

...What? We'll get you up here yet!!
          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

No Bunny... I'm trying to get her to come to Salt Lake first... Fenrus, Nighwatch, and I called dibs first
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

But Nightwatch is coming to CO, so you and Fenrus and EQ should just move out here too!
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Colorado would be awesome and DH agrees. Utah though? Hell we'll just kidnap you too Smiley. *weg* You'd like Omaha, trust me.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  You're so sweet.
                  I too thought you just your normal self
                  Quoth Saydrah View Post
                  But Nightwatch is coming to CO, so you and Fenrus and EQ should just move out here too!
                  Geez. Maybe I should go down there too.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Joiiiiiiiiiiiiiin usssssssssssssssssssss Broom and Bunny!
                    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                      Joiiiiiiiiiiiiiin usssssssssssssssssssss Broom and Bunny!
                      But, if I move, I won't be a kooky Canuck anymore! Sorry, can't do it.

...unless...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        But, if I move, I won't be a kooky Canuck anymore! Sorry, can't do it.

...unless...
                        Why not? Just get a work visa. Should be a lot easier with a company (EQ's hotel) to sponser you...

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

*thinks* I'd have to drag the troupe with us...

How well does fire play work out there? OH I could get you guys to join then we'd have enough to make a ton of money so we could go kidnap EQ!!!

Comment

I love being fought over.

Comment

Mine! *stands with bloody battle ax and wearing loincloth*

Comment

Working...
                              X