This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick 'Em When They're Down

My mother is 75, and retired from a certain department store after 22 years. She found retirement too expensive, and went back. Most of us know this store: they recently traded their traditional blue smocks for dark blue shirts and brown pants, and so confused customers even more.

Mom is a 4-foot-something ball of fire. I only hope I have her energy and drive when I reach that age. However, her health isn't what it use to be, and she suffers from arthritis and other ailments.

The other night, Receiving Department was severely understaffed, so she and a few others were unloading pallets, when her foot caught on that giant-sized plastic wrap they use. She pitched forward off the pallet and landed so hard that her tooth went through her tongue. Mom being the clean-freak that she was, was only concerned with getting off the dirty floor as fast as possible.

One customer, bless her, stopped with another employee to help her up. The other, low-life piece of dung, stopped long enough to utter the following drivel before sauntering on:

"Well you're a ABC associate...you can take anything."

The good customer called her what Mom and the others wanted too. She'll be fine, though - just bruised and in a lot of pain.

Oh WOW. I am so sorry, that sounds incredibly painful. I'm glad she's okay, and I hope she feels better.

Your mom should have bled all over that scumbag.
    It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
    The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

Quoth Astrokitty View Post
      The other night, Receiving Department was severely understaffed, so she and a few others were unloading pallets, when her foot caught on that giant-sized plastic wrap they use. She pitched forward off the pallet and landed so hard that her tooth went through her tongue. Mom being the clean-freak that she was, was only concerned with getting off the dirty floor as fast as possible.

One customer, bless her, stopped with another employee to help her up. The other, low-life piece of dung, stopped long enough to utter the following drivel before sauntering on:

"Well you're a ABC associate...you can take anything."

The good customer called her what Mom and the others wanted too. She'll be fine, though - just bruised and in a lot of pain.
      Best-case scenario is the comment was a bad joke.
      I'm a younger man and I've received a couple in the same vein--albeit with less severe injuries. When I cut my hand and was bleeding (a little bit) while cashiering*, some jackass said: "Well, don't bleed on my stuff!"
      *(I couldn't leave the register at that exact moment.) I didn't know quite how to react, but it wasn't as if I was selling tapestries.
      I also remember working at a photo lab. One of our jobs was to develop the film used in disposable cameras, and in order to do so you pry the cameras open with a screwdriver. Once I gave myself a nasty shock by accident which caused me to stumble and briefly fall to the floor in front of a customer. Her reaction was one more of impatience than empathy or even curiosity.
      Last edited by Applerod; 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What a first-class Jackass. . . I hope karma kicks his butt.

Hope your Mom is doing okay though. That had to have been pretty scary for her.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X