X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickrolled!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_rolling

For those of you who are not big dorks like me, the definition of Rickrolling is above.

At work we are playing ANOTHER Barry Manilow CD. This guys has put one out every year for the past few years. Well, this one is something like "Barry Manilow Sings the 1980's" or some crap. And they're not all good 1980's songs, just one-hit wonders.

Anyway, I was at work and suddenly...I heard "Never Gonna Give You Up"! I stopped dead in the middle of walking somewhere and my jaw dropped. I just got rickrolled. By Barry Manilow!

And because our stupid CD player only holds 5 CDs, and because corporate decides what we play (you know, the people who never have to listen to it, I will get to be rickrolled at least twice a day for the next four-five months.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    Anyway, I was at work and suddenly...I heard "Never Gonna Give You Up"! I stopped dead in the middle of walking somewhere and my jaw dropped. I just got rickrolled. By Barry Manilow!
    That's horrifying. I mean nuclear holocaust horrifying.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I heard his version of it...it sounds horrible.

I used to work at a grocery store, and it usually played the same songs over and over again, but one time that song came on when I was by myself, and I burst out laughing. The customers thought I was crazy.

Comment

Wait until you hear Tom Jones singing Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life' to a swing beat. That almost broke my brain.

What REALLY broke my brain was being in the mall one day and hearing a musak version of 'Master of Puppets'. There are no smilies that express my feelings over that one.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

In standard rotation at my store is a vocal-free version of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine" and the Greatful Dead's "Casey Jones". I still laugh when I hear both of them.

Another funny song-related moment at the store happened Independence Day '07; the in-house "radio" played the opening theme to Monty Python's Flying Circus. A friend of mine who works in another of our stores reported hearing the British National Anthem in his store the same day.
          Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

A judge in the U.S. sentenced people who make too much noise to listen to Barry Manilow
            http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspo...sentences.html

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
              .a musak version of 'Master of Puppets'...
              what's a musak version?

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                what's a musak version?
                Think that wimpy, instrumental, orchestral music you hear in some stores and offices.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

OK, my plight is nothing. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York got rickrolled. That's like thousands of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Wait until you hear Tom Jones singing Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life' to a swing beat. That almost broke my brain.
                    Was it worse than the swing version of "Down with the Sickness" from the Dawn of the Dead remake?

What REALLY broke my brain was being in the mall one day and hearing a musak version of 'Master of Puppets'. There are no smilies that express my feelings over that one.
                    Oh man... that would make me

Quoth Carolaaine View Post
                    A judge in the U.S. sentenced people who make too much noise to listen to Barry Manilow
                    And I thought the U.S. Constitution banned cruel and unusual punishment.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Was it worse than the swing version of "Down with the Sickness" from the Dawn of the Dead remake?
                      I'd say it was equally awful.

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Oh man... that would make me
                      Yeah. It was... unreal. I'm going "Wait, I recognize that tune, what is it... no... no way, can't be... *listen some more* No @#$**&%'n way!" I was bummed the whole way home.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

OK, my plight is nothing. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York got rickrolled. That's like thousands of people.

Oh yes. Bro and I, from across the room, looked at each other as soon as the record 'skipped', and said, in unison, "We got Rick Roll'd!"
                        I love how calm Matt Lauer was in announcing it was the Rick Roll phenomenon.
                        Not funny, sh*thead!
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That's the most horrible thing I've ever seen. EVER. And I sat through Silent Hill.
                          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

When The Macy's Parade was Rick Rolled, I started laughing hysterically! My husband was like, "What? What?" I said we were just Rick Rolled. He didn't know what I was talking about. And the funniest thing? My husband husband loves the singer AND the song!

Comment

You know, the more I think about the Macy's RickRoll the more I like it. And AnaKhouri, it wasn't thousands, it was more like millions. Not only the people at the parade, but everyone watching on TV got 'rolled. That has got to be the most all-encompassing truly EPIC RickRolling EVAR!! And I wasn't watching.
                              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                              X