X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I Won't Pay For Your Clothes

I was at a clothing store yesterday when THIS happened to me:
    I went to a chain clothing store yesterday just to buy some stuff for work. I browsed for a bit, but really only picked up two things, both less than $20 combined. No biggie.
    I waited in a looooooooooong line before I finally got to the cashier. Now, the cashier was set up with a small counter space on one side to put your purchases and the other side for the cashier to bag your purchases. A pretty common set up.
    I get to the counter. Enter, Pushy CS (or PCS). As it was my turn I put my two purchases (blouses) on the counter and the clerk happily processes them. However, PCS starts putting HER stuff on the counter space. Now, this counter space was less than 2 feet wide. It was barely enough to put YOUR stuff on it let alone anyone else's stuff.
    The clerk, not knowing who's stuff it is, starts ringing it up as part of MY purchase. She's doing this as I'm taking out my wallet and getting ready to swipe my card. I look at the screen and see my purchase go from around $18 to $86!
    I tell the clerk (knowing it isn't her fault), "Um, that's not mine. I only got this" and pointed to my TWO purchases.
    The clerk looks at PCS and asks, "Are these yours?"
    PCS looks at the clerk, and say (I kid you not), "They're part of the same purchase," and just continues to put clothes on top of clothes.
    By this point both the clerk and I just look at her with this open mouth look.
    The clerk says nothing at this point, just voids the entier purchase. As she's keying in the void PCS says, "Hey it's all ONE order. Her's and mine!" And points at me.
    Now, before this, I had assumed (stupidly I know) that she had thought I was done and that her very large purchase was one order.
    At this point the clerk is ringing my 2 things up (again), and she's mad. Why, I don't know. I could feel her, I dunno, simmering besides me.
    I paid for my 2 blouses, and turn to her, "Why did you think I was gonna pay for YOUR clothes?"
    PCS: "Well, she already started ringing us both up. Isn't it illegal for her to void everything like that once she started scanning everything? Id've given you a check for the clothes."
    Again,
    The clerk and I just stared at her. Really, we had nothing we could say.
    I just left.
    Now, he's my question for CS...are people really, really that stupid? Or do people really think I'M that stupid?
    They're both rhetorical questions, I understand. It was just such a bizarre 3 minutes.
    Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Who wants to be that the check'd be bad?

Comment

Quoth Sedorna View Post
      Who wants to be that the check'd be bad?
      Hell yes. I can practically hear it bouncing from here.

Who knows? Maybe she encounters a lot of suckers in her life. Sooner or later, she's going to cross the wrong person and probably be missing some teeth.....

Comment

It truly was a bizzare encounter, and it lasted all of 3 minutes. I really do think she expected me to pay for her clothes. I just don't get it. I'm a freak magnet. I truly am...
        Do I dare
        Disturb the universe?
        In a minute there is time
        For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

<shrug> Let it be one order. Let her pay.

Comment

Yeah, since she seemed to know the "law" about such things, she definitely seemed like a scammer loser to me. How lame. At least you called her on it.

Comment

Quoth Melxb View Post
              I tell the clerk (knowing it isn't her fault), "Um, that's not mine. I only got this" and pointed to my TWO purchases.
              The clerk looks at PCS and asks, "Are these yours?"
              PCS looks at the clerk, and say (I kid you not), "They're part of the same purchase," and just continues to put clothes on top of clothes.
              By this point both the clerk and I just look at her with this open mouth look.
              The clerk says nothing at this point, just voids the entier purchase. As she's keying in the void PCS says, "Hey it's all ONE order. Her's and mine!" And points at me.
              Melxb points back. "And she's paying for it."

Comment

Working...
              X