This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy lady at Jack in the Box

First, a foreword. This is my first post on the new forums, and since I'm no longer in retail, I don't have much for good stories of my own experiences. But, since I used to be a retail slave for six years, I know a SC when I see one. But, I digress, allow me to give you my sighting from today.

So, I'm off today. I deside to go to Jack in the Box for some lunch. Seeing as though it's right across the street from me, it's a typical lunchtime destination on days like today (nothing in the house to eat, all by myself, just got paid). So, I head over there and there's some lady standing at the counter. Apparently, she had just ordered as I got in line behind her and she requested a small soda. Well, demanded, but that was to be expected.

So, they get her a small cup and ring it up. She immediately starts to complain about being charged the buck and a quarter.

SC: Ugh, you're gonna charge me for this?

All I could think to myself is "Yeah, lady, surprisingly enough you have to pay for your goods." She did pay and proceeded to turn to me and ask if I had a couple of bucks. Honestly, I didn't, but I probably wouldn't part with them anyway. After what happened next, I'm very glad I didn't have any cash.

So, she departs to fill up her coke. I hear her muttering to the other customer filling up his drink as I'm ordering mine. Too busy paying attention to get any of it, but I have to assume it was regarding the ever-so-expensive soda. So, I place my order, pay by debit (see? no cash.), and proceed to fill up my drink. As I'm waiting, the lady gets her order. This is where the fun starts.

SC: "This doesn't smell right."
    Manager: "What's wrong with the smell, ma'am?"
    SC: "It doesn't smell right."
    M: "It's fresh, we just made it."
    SC: "I don't like the smell. It doesn't smell right. I want my money back."

Before I continue, let me just say, I'm sure there was nothing wrong with it. It looked like it was a couple of hash browns, but I wasn't really paying attention to that. But anyway, at this point, the manager was kind of irritated because she didn't seem to be one of those kinds of people who would take BS from anyone, but allowed her to return the food and get her money back. She also made it sorta clear that the Manager would remember her, and perhaps not serve her in the future. Then again, after what happened next, I'm positive.

SC: (After receiving her change) I want all my change.
    M: "Ma'am, you have your change."
    SC: "This is four dollars!"
    M: "Ma'am, we charged you for the soda." (Which, yes, she had elected to keep, but I guess the Manager was just clarifying.)
    SC: "But I want my change."
    M: "Ma'am, I--"
    SC: "MA'AM!!!"

Yes. That's right. This crazy SC screamed "MA'AM" rather loudly. And here's the good part.

SC: "I'll call the police!"
    M: "The police? Go ahead and call them."

The crazy lady finally left, still muttering about lord knows what, and the Manager lady was muttering to herself, too. When she looked back at the counter, I couldn't help but comment.

Me: "I'm sure they smelled fine."
    M: "Man, I know. Must be schitzo or something."

So, I got my food and left happily. Everything smelled file, and as I passed the lady at the bus stop on my way back home, she was complaining to someone else about something else, but I just ignored it.

So, not a great story - not a war story, for sure - but perhaps a good one. Anyone else have any more SC sightings in fast-food places? I like reading all of 'em.

I had one just from lunch today. I went to McDonalds to drive-thru because I'm nursing a bladder infection and don't want to stand up, heh. (Greasy food es malo, I know, but eh.) This particular one has two lanes in the drive-thru that merge into one, and I was waiting behind someone so I could merge in when a large white van pulled in behind me, just shy of the speaker. I didn't think much of it because I was in the way a little, but there was nothing I could do until the car in front of me scooted up.

So, when the chance came, I scooted up...and the van scooted right along with me. PAST the speaker. I was watching them in my rear-view mirror, frankly, just because, and watched them all but touch my bumper as they pulled right past the speaker, too fast to have ordered, and behind me in line.

Well, I know how bad that can screw up the line, so when I got to the window, I told the girl that the white van behind me hadn't ordered at the box. She stuck her head out and looked at them, made a face, thanked me, and waved me on. I pulled ahead, still watching in the rearview to see what would happen as the person pulled up to the window, and a women with frizzy brown hair and HUGE sunglasses stuck her head out and started talking to the girl. I don't know what was said, but after about thirty seconds, the woman popped back into her van, literally SQUEALED the tires, and pulled out of line and out of the parking lot so fast that she must have been trying to qualify for Nascar.

Don't know why, don't want to.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      I had one just from lunch today. I went to McDonalds to drive-thru because I'm nursing a bladder infection and don't want to stand up, heh.
      I tend to get those, too. Cranberry is *great* for taking care of the problem. If you're someone like me who can't stand the taste, they do make cranberry tablets/capsules. All the effect, none of the taste.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Fallout View Post
        SC: (After receiving her change) I want all my change.
        M: "Ma'am, you have your change."
        SC: "This is four dollars!"
        M: "Ma'am, we charged you for the soda." (Which, yes, she had elected to keep, but I guess the Manager was just clarifying.)
        SC: "But I want my change."

Too bad the manager couldn't have taken the money back, and giving the woman ALL CHANGE.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Too bad the manager couldn't have taken the money back, and giving the woman ALL CHANGE.
          Yeah, you know, I couldn't tell if that's what she actually wanted, but it was pretty funny when she threatened to call the police and after that instantly went nowhere, she just took her soda and left.

Comment

I once worked for JITB. Looking back on it, I hated it there, but it was a job.

One night, I'm the Shift Leader on duty, and no one higher than me was in the store. Guy comes in with one of those big big BIG soda cups from McDonalds. Asks me if he can fill his drink up. I said "Sure, that'll be $x.xx.

SC: WHAT? Why do I have to pay, I have my own cup!
            Me: Sir, we're not charging just for the cup. We have to pay for the syrup, the water, the CO2... soda isn't free for us, so it's not free for you.

He left after that, fuming that I wouldn't give him free soda because he had his own cup.
            Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Working...
            X