This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Steak O'Clock!

I wandered off last night to do a little consuming at a restaurant close to my B&B. I'd been there before, and though pricy (£1 or nearly $2 for a can of coke, anyone?) the stuff was good. It's themed around the US (called The Ranch) and serves large piles of steak and carbs. It's also winter season over here, so the hours are limited, what with the number of tourons being minimal.

So far, so good.

After I ordered, two young males came in - I'm guessing about fourteen-years-old or so. They were obviously known, and were somewhat cheeky with the young lady serving.

A mobile phone sounded. "You're going to have to send me that tune!" one of them shrieked in delight. I'm glad I was the only one in the restaurant at the time, as many customers would have been annoyed. I'm off back tonight, if that gives an idea of my tolerance.

A short while later: "Hey, you changed the lock code on your phone!"

"That's right!" she told them in a more moderate tone of voice.

They wandered around from time to time, generally being slightly annoying. I'm just glad the place wasn't overly busy.

It turns out they were the offspring of the cook, but when I was in retail and friends/family came around, the rules were simple. "I'm here to make money. You're here to chat. When I am making money, we do not chat. When it's all clear, let's goof!"

My friends knew this without me even saying it.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Rapscallion

When I worked at the pizza place, sometimes friends and wellwishers would come in, but only when it was dead were they allowed to stay and chat. Otherwise, they'd be told to either order, or get lost.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Wow you changed your name Raps.

Comment

Quoth Boulder_Bear View Post
        Wow you changed your name Raps.
        He has two accounts -- one with full admin capabilities for at home, and one with only mod capabilities for when he's accessing the site away from home.

I have three myself -- two like the ones he has, and one as just a regular member, although the other two are simply accounts for me to test with. If you ever see anyone logged on as Vic Rattlehead or Edward T. Hunter, that's me playing around.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It also means I won't miss any posts on my main account - I'm on holiday right now and not reading anything.

This account - reported posts go to my work email address, so I may be able to step in when necessary.

I've got a member account as well - also for testing, but he's often the victim of mod target practice...

Got a fine team of sharpshooters, I can tell you.

Oh, and tonight's steak was darned fine as well.

Rapscallion

Comment

When I worked at Quizno's it was always slow, so we could always goof off. But when someone came in we were serious folks.

Comment

but...What time is Coffee O'Clock, in relation to Steak O'Clock?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                but...What time is Coffee O'Clock, in relation to Steak O'Clock?
                Coffee o'Clock is 0930 and 1430 everyday while Steak o'Clock is at 0800, 1200 and 1800. So either your steak will get cold waiting for the correct time to drink your coffee or vice/versa. But, hey, go against the grain and marinate your steak in coffee so that you will never miss any beany goodness.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

At least it wasn't Shirtless O'Clock....

I had one guy I knew from high school who found out I worked at the Supercenter as a toy associate, and came in one afternoon to talk. He hung around for a good two hours, trying to occupy my time while I tried to get chores done in the toy department. Finally, one of the managers took the opportunity (when the guy when to the restroom) to ask me to ask him to leave. I was plenty happy to do that. The guy was one of my three pseudo-stalkers.

One of my other pseudo-stalkers actually got a job at the Supercenter, and as far as I could tell it was so he could be at work near me. Nevermind the fact that by that point, I was a cashier (and up front all day), and he was maitenence and therefore supposed to be anywhere except the front end except when there was a spill to clean. He spent a good portion of his shift each day trying to hang out up front talking to me when I was trying to ring up customers and when he should've been emptying trash bins and cleaning bathrooms and the like. He eventually got laid off for it, if I recall. Not that that stopped his attempts at stalking....

Thankfully, the third pseudo-stalker never got a chance to talk to me, let alone stalk me at work. Dad warned him off (and my dad happens to have five shotguns).
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                  X