This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Cars at the Fuel station

Well I got to work a shift at the fuel station this week, and boy was it fun!

YOUR HONOR??

Note SC is on cell phone.

Me: Credit or Debit?
    SC: Credit your honor!

?? Uh ok. I've been called many things over the years but "you honor"? That's a new one. I don't know who you think I am but I'm pretty sure I'm not a judge, or anything else that has that title I can assure you. You can however call me sir, mister, or God if you like.

WAIT YOU TURN

So I'm at one of the pumps helping a customer when I hear "hello!" From the kiosk. Thes SC is looking into the window for me. I couldn't have been gone for more than 10 seconds and he's having a heart attack.

Me: I'll be there in a second I'm helping another customer.
    SC: *loud sigh*

Seriously? Ever heard of queing? No? Well queing is esscentially waiting your turn. Now this person asked for help before you came to the window meaning they were first in line. Your second. Now WAIT YOUR FRAKING TURN!

Bumper Cars

Now I'm not entirely sure what happened, but one minute I'm sitting in the kiosk staring into space. The next I hear a lady yelling and screaming I turn and see two suvs facing each other. A lady in one and a guy in the other. Now something about being there first or whatever (they were both at a pump so I don't know what the problem was). And they just started screaming at each other.

At first I'm but the I turned into . Seriously even though I couldn't hear them well enough to know what happened it was still funny as hell to see two adults fight and bicker like 5 year olds. Then a guy comes from another pump and yells at them for acting like children!

Then the guy (who looked pissed) got back in his car and moved it forward till he bumped her bumper and both cars were touching and put it back in park!!! .........

So then the lady calls the cops! And they come and are there talking to witnesses (not me since I didn't see anything) for a good hour.

Man I gotta say that was good entertainment for a while. So much for being bored!

Outta Gas

Oh joy we ran out of gas and we have no idea when the delivery truck will get here. So I'm running around the place telling people we have no regular and ringing people up. So yeah I'm busy. And I need to make signs, but Customers first! Well then this gem comes up.

SC: (in a very nasty tone the whole time) My pumps not working!!
    Me: I'm sorry we're out of regular. All we have is Premium...
    SC: What?! WELL YOU NEED TO PUT UP A SIGN!!!1!!11! *starts walking away*
    Me: I'M WORKING ON IT! *holds up partially made signs that I was working on right as she same to the window btw.*
    SC: IT WONT LET ME CHANGE TO PREMIUM!
    Me: you have to cancel the sale and start over.
    SC: IT WONT LET ME CANCEL!
    Me: You have to put the pump back up.

,1,, Jeeze people I'm trying to make the signs! You think that when we run out of gas that I can magically have signs appear on the pumps just like that? No I have to make one for each pump. That's ten signs. It will take some time to make them when I'm doing it between arguing with you douchewaffels.

What a day...

When I worked at the gas station I would make signs in advance and hide them around the store. So that whenever something ran out I could just run over there, snatch the appropriate sign out of whereever and go about my day.
    However! Every so often the managers would come in, find a pile, and throw the whole shebang away since they wern't "Official" signs. Of course then I would come in later, something would run out, and my day would start off wonderfully....

Comment

Yes that is good idea. However its so rare for us to run out that we never considered having premade signs just in case. Still it would have been nice if I DID have signs already. sigh

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
        ?? Uh ok. I've been called many things over the years but "you honor"? That's a new one.
        I consider myself lucky if they don't say f***head. (actually most of my customers are pretty friendly and call me things like pal, mate or boss... but there are a few who use the f-word like it's a comma)

Comment

Pre-made signs are a good idea. Fail on management for a) not having official ones and b) for throwing them away!

Comment

When I worked at the gas station we had several times where we ran out of fuel. After the first two or three times of the manager having to be on the intercome repeating OUT OF GAS for upto four hours straight he made signs and had them around the store for the next outage.

Comment

Signs? Most stations just put a plastic bag over the pump for whatever grade's out, or all three if they're all out.

Oh wait, I suppose those pumps with only one nozzle for all grades would need a sign. Someone oughta design a pump that's smart enough to know when it's out, and put up its own darn sign.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                Someone oughta design a pump that's smart enough to know when it's out, and put up its own darn sign.
                But... that would make sense!

Seriously, it wouldn't be particularly difficult.

Even better though, would be to take the price off the big price-board outside the station. That would be a pretty clear sign that it's not for sale at that moment. Most customers - even SCs - look for the price when buying fuel.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  Even better though, would be to take the price off the big price-board outside the station. That would be a pretty clear sign that it's not for sale at that moment. Most customers - even SCs - look for the price when buying fuel.
                  Only problem with that is with all the wind we've been having around here, everyone would just assume the wind blew the numbers off and bitch anyway.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    Even better though, would be to take the price off the big price-board outside the station.
                    Around here, 1% of people know what that actually means. Of the rest, 15% think we're pretending to have run out of fuel because we don't want to sell it on the cheaper day of the cycle (one servo, in another city, was busted doing that once... so therefore all servos do it all the time?). 20% think that means it's free and the remaining 64% ignore it, ignore the signs on the pumps, and stand there wondering why the pump's not working.

Comment

what's the point on harping at the cashier? ... i bought gas for my car recently and (OT but i hate prepaying inside cos i don't want to have to make extra trips if i over/under pay). So... I pull up to a pump and park and see "oh the credit swiper is broken". so what do i do? I turn around and go to another pump that has a working swipy-thing. no need to harass the person inside over it.

(and if they only had premium and i didn't want that?... um, ok, if i have enough gas, i just drive to another station... it's not rocket-science!)

Comment

Pepperelf, you forget one thing... you have a correctly functioning brain, something SCs lack.

Comment

Yeah I'd probably pull into a station to check the pumps themselves if the big sign was down. I'd probably assume it was either the wind or some miscreants that messed with the sign.

not too many stations here with the single-nozzle pumps, so a bag over a particular pump is the usual way of signifying what's not usable for one reason or another. Out of gas, out of order, it's all the same to the fuel-hungry end user.
                          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Around here, most of the signs are digital. So if they ever run out, they can just turn the sign off.

Comment

Working...
                            X