This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Sighting

I lived in Nevada for 7 years. I miss the slot machines and poker machines in the grocery stores. I always tossed in a quarter, and usually came out ahead.

One time, my first husband was exiting a corner store after having bought a newspaper. He had seventy-five cents in change and was going to drop it in one of the two machines by the door. As he reached for one, a woman suddenly shoved herself in front of him, barking, "That's my machine. I always play it."

Husband thought, "Whatever," went to the other machine, and won $25. The woman won nothing. She then stomped out of the store with the clerk laughing as she told my husband that the woman had never won more than $5, and was a regularly rude b***h to the store employees.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Instant karma!

I had something like that happen to me too. I was waiting in line for the roller coaster and some kids let their friends into line behind them (and in front of me). Usually I will kick up a fuss, but this time I just didn't have it in me. It turned out well for me.

As luck would have it those kids were the last ones on the train before me. Making me the first person on the next ride and able to pick whatever seat I wanted on the next train. The kids realized this and "generously" offered to let me go ahead of them. I cheerfully declined. Then they tried talking the attendent into letting them wait for the next train so they could have the front seat. That wasn't going to happen with a line of people waiting. They were told to either take the two seats left on the train or leave. They took the ride and I basked in the dirty looks they were giving me.

So I got the front seat because of the line cutters. It was awesome!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
    X