This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gah..it's not his fault!

OK it was partially his fault...was at the grocery store the other night, boy friend and I are there about an hour and a half before closing, so it's late, there are people re-stocking shelves.... one employee annoyed me because I said "excuse me" because he was in my way and he ignored me, I said it again and he gave me a dirty and moved...then got on his phone and just randomly walked around on it, not moving out of peoples way! Anyways I digress onto the story

WELL we get to the check out, not many people on, we get into a line, there is only one couple in front of us...we were considering going to the next one over but there was something going wrong...guy had unfortunately done something to the computer and it had had a heart attack and died/froze don't know...all I know is he couldn't get it to work and he was half way through a transaction...girl at the check out I was in called for a manager...she rings up the customers in front of us..and we start to pile on our stuff...before she starts ringing us up, guy turns round and asks if the manager is coming...girl calls AGAIN...goes over to see the computer..has no idea what’s going on...then goe's back to our register and calls again for a manager...and starts wringing us up...meanwhile people are lining up behind the other register, and are starting to huff and puff...there is no one behind US but yet no one is choosing to line up behind us because we had a HUGE cart full of stuff...guy is getting stressed..Manager STILL hasn't shown up and the customers are starting to get pissed at him..yelling at him...telling him to HURRY UP and WHATS TAKING SO LONG!..girl at our register calls manager AGAIN!! Then turns around, and starts yelling across to the other counter asking for the manager, telling her to get over here...I look over to the guy, he's freaking out, obviously new, and these people are being horrible to him, it's not HIS fault the manager hasn't come yet...anyways, manager FINALLY comes, and fixes the issue...the customers have a go at manager and so on....and we go...there not much of a story really...
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Where I work, sometimes the registers will freeze. When a register freezes, I transfer the transaction to the service desk and have the customer go up there to finish out the transaction. If there are customers behind that customer, I have them move to another register and the checker can ring them up on that register. After I finish the transaction at the service desk, I sign off the register, go over to the frozen register, and reboot it.

When I have to move a checker to another register, I have to sign on with one of my numbers since the checker's number is still on the frozen register. When the register is finished rebooting, I sign off of the no longer frozen register and let the checker know that s/he can sign off of my number and sign his/her own on.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Yeah, but sometimes the registers will totally crash - think blue screen of death crash. That was really sucky of the manager to not come out, and sucky of the customers to be mad at the poor cashier for just trying to do his job. It's really hard when technology craps out on you. The order is generally non-recoverable at my store, and we have to do a total reboot of the system, which can take 20 mins to an hour. Did I mention they're OLD???

We get new ones in a week *happy dance*
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth Binky View Post
        Manager STILL hasn't shown up and the customers are starting to get pissed at him..yelling at him...telling him to HURRY UP and WHATS TAKING SO LONG!..girl at our register calls manager AGAIN!! Then turns around, and starts yelling across to the other counter asking for the manager, telling her to get over here...I look over to the guy, he's freaking out, obviously new, and these people are being horrible to him, it's not HIS fault the manager hasn't come yet...anyways, manager FINALLY comes, and fixes the issue...
        I always hated it when managers left me high and dry when there was an issue I couldn't take care of! Whether it's a register snafu or a problem customer, when I call the manager, that means I need a manager NOW, not twenty minutes from now!

I know managers have a lot to do, but really, is it that difficult to call the cashier back and ask what's going on and talk them through it, or send an assistant manager to help? Customers and employees come first, before paperwork or your Tetris game.
        Last edited by Ree; 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X