This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You RUINED Christmas!

This particular SC came waltzing into EB Games 3 days before Christmas, demanding a Wii console. This is how the conversation went:

SC: I need a Wii.
    Me: Regrettably, we are sold out of the Wii...
    SC: *eyes wide in utter disbelief* Well then why is there a picture of one taped in your store window?! That's FALSE ADVERTISING!
    Me: We are obligated to advertise the Wii as per our contract with Nintendo. We do carry the Wii, we're just sold out right now. I believe every retailer in the city is sold out.
    SC: I just told my daughter not to worry -- that I found a Wii! And now you're telling me that I have to call my daughter back and tell her that she's NOT getting a Wii for Christmas?! You RUINED Christmas!
    Me: ....I apologize?
    SC: Take the picture down so that some other poor mother isn't fooled!

At this point I was actually unable to stop myself from laughing. You should have seen the outrage!

You know I'm so glad I don't work at a game/electronis store. The Wii (despite its sheer awesomeness) has made the past couple of christmases suck for so many workers...

Comment

*stops, looks toward window* "Ma'am, we also appear to have Visa, American Express, and Master Cards in stock... would you like one of those instead?"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Conduit View Post
        SC: I just told my daughter not to worry -- that I found a Wii! And now you're telling me that I have to call my daughter back and tell her that she's NOT getting a Wii for Christmas?! You RUINED Christmas!
        "Yup. I hope you are learning a valuable lesson about writing checks your butt can't cash."

Also, only one Christmas ruined? Amateur. I ruined 4--this year. Or was it 3? I forget.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"Ruined christmas? If your christmas is totally ruined because of a lack of a wii i suggest you take down all the decorations and return all the gifts then... afterall you did say it was totally ruined... so go on, go do it!"

:LOL:
          yeah im snarky sometimes

Comment

I ruined a Christmas this year and I wasn't even working!
            (I was also on the look out for SCs who get offended by the clerk's holiday farewell greeting ready to step in and say what the clerk couldn't.)

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
              You know I'm so glad I don't work at a game/electronis store. The Wii (despite its sheer awesomeness) has made the past couple of christmases suck for so many workers...
              Not mine. It's not the game system's fault anyway. We had a STACK of the machines (160+ at one point ) up until the day before Thanksgiving. Afterward, all bets were off and I even told my customers that.

If someone comes in just a few days before Christmas expecting "Hot Toy X" to be in stock, they're fools. If they go on a tirade about the store ruining Christmas, they need to be lectured about what really constitutes a ruined Christmas.
              Last edited by Mike Taylor; 01-16-2009, 03:49 AM.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                *stops, looks toward window* "Ma'am, we also appear to have Visa, American Express, and Master Cards in stock... would you like one of those instead?"
                We try not to mention the American Express. It's "special"

Thanks a lot, GK. I can't even look at AmEx cards the same anymore.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Only 1 christmas? I ruined Christmas for two people. First sc was because we had the audacity to close at 6 (as posted) and the second was that we ran out of a flavor of muffin. Yes ruined Christmas over a $1.20 muffin.

Comment

When oh when will customers realize products don't pop out of nowhere when you start complaining. They should also learn what false advertising means

Comment

Quoth chop92 View Post
                      When oh when will customers realize products don't pop out of nowhere when you start complaining.
                      Just as soon as the devil decides on an indoor skating rink

Quoth chop92 View Post
                      They should also learn what false advertising means
                      I've come to the conclusion that false advertising is anything that contradicts the unholy mantra of "The Customer Is Always Right"

"Oh, I'm sorry, we're out of stock"
                      "But I deserve one, gimme"
                      "I can't, we don't have any left to give"
                      "FALSE ADVERTISING"

"I need to return this"
                      "Do you have a receipt?"
                      "No."
                      "I'm afraid I can't do anything without a receipt or other proof of purchase"
                      "FALSE ADVERTISING"

etc...
                      "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
                        I've come to the conclusion that false advertising is anything that contradicts the unholy mantra of "The Customer Is Always Right"
                        I've somehow survived my first year and a half of retail without a single "But the customer is always right!" comment. Though, I probably just jinxed it and it'll happen on sunday...

Comment

I'm amazed at the number of people who have their holiday ruined just because a certain item is not available. What miserable lives some people must lead if they believe people won't like them because of not getting some widget.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What that's...2, 3 christmases in a row ruined by the lack of Wii?

You'd think they'd get the pattern by now? Buy one in the summer, stick it in the wardrobe and wait?

What my parents did was write 2 checks for the price of a Wii, wrote "W" on one, "II" on the other and gave me the checks.

I got my Wii in February.

BAM CHRISTMAS SAVED.
                            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Ruined Christmas? Come talk to me when you're an 11-year-old girl who SAW the car accident that killed her 18-year-old cousin and finding out within the next couple of days that because of someone that you knew and thought was a decent person jerked him around and left him without a ride, that's why he was in the car, and then go sit in your aunt's lap while she holds you and your mom so tight that your neck pops and they both are screaming at the top of her lungs that her only son is dead...then step out of your front door and be able to hear your uncle's screams and curses against God when his house is a mile away from your's...all during Christmas time. After you experience that, come chat with me about your Wii.

(Yeah, I have a little bit of bitterness. I try not to show it most of the time but I'm feeling foul today.)
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X