This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not being very helpful

Let's review: You ask for a product. We don't have said product. I actually apologize for not having said product and point out two place that I know of which sell said product and include my opinion of which place will save you more time. This was all before being accused of not being "very helpful".

In other words, "not being very helpful"= 'I don't like the answer!'

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

The heck? Did they want you to actually go get it from the other store for them?
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Yup. That's how it works. You can be as polite and helpful as can be, but if the customer doesn't like the answer then you are obviously being bad.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Not being helpful means that you can't produce another one from your own personal back room on demand. Think of all the inconvenience they'll have to go to now... And then smile a little.
        "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

People are being bred/raised/turned into dumbasses who can't handle minor inconveniences.
          As I always do, I blame WM and modern advertising.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            The heck? Did they want you to actually go get it from the other store for them?
            Either that or poop it out for them.

I mean, it's all the name of Customer Service, right?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Oh, can't tell you how many times I've been asked that! Not only going to another store within the same company, but actually wanted me to go to another company. Like when I was at Dillard's and we were out of something, or didn't carry it, wanted us to go down to Foley's and get it!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Oh, can't tell you how many times I've been asked that! Not only going to another store within the same company, but actually wanted me to go to another company. Like when I was at Dillard's and we were out of something, or didn't carry it, wanted us to go down to Foley's and get it!
                This has happened to me too, seemingly on the most mundane items like thimbles or ointment. Like hell I'd go to another store to buy crap for this kind of SC, but even if the unthinkable became reality and I did do it, I'd NOT get a thimble for them!

Let me guess, the customer 'gave' you the option of either bringing it to them quickly while they waited at your store, or even better: they want it immediately at their home, as well as a personal ride back home too? Some people should never be allowed to set foot in a place of business.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

I've had similar experiences. We've been out of something and I've given the customer the following options.

1) I can call the other two local* stores and have them hold it.
                  2) I can call the other two local stores and have them ship it.
                  3) I can check online and have it delievered the NEXT DAY.
                  4) They can wait until the NEXT DAY and see if its on our truck

(*local is within 15 miles)

And guess which option they took? Yup:
                  5) Whine like a bitch and DEMAND I get one for them NOW.

I have given them FOUR viable options. Two of them they could have within a half hour, the other two by the next day. Not good enough. they wanted to make a little scene and wait while I teleported something down from the Enterprise's replicators I guess.

(Yes, I'm a Star Trek geek as well as a Star Wars one)

Comment

Working...
                  X