This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really its .32 cents?

So this guy came in and bought a bag of chips.Our chips are now 1.29 plus tax,it comes out to 1.38 total.This guy argued with me all through the transation and then finally accepted that it was 1.38.And finally he leaves but then comes right back.He demands a receipt because he just can't get it,how it was 1.38.So Here it goes...

Me
    Dumbass-DA

Me-- It was 1.38 because it is now 1.29 for a bag of chips.I already told you that.
    DA-- I need a receipt,I just don't understand.
    Me--Rinse lather repeat
    Da-Looks at receipt and says well I want to return these,I see some bags that have .99 on them.
    Me--Starts the return while DA goes to get .99 bag of chips. I start to hand back his whole .32 difference.
    DA-Here I want to give you .68 cents so you can give me a whole dollar back.
    I Give him his dollar and he leaves.

I mean really .32 fucking cents.He had designer sunglasses and clothes on,WTF

correct me if im wrong, but i thought you cant charge tax on a bag of chips... last time i was at 711 and bought a 99 cent bag of cheetos, it was 99 cents. no tax
    i can see why he is pissed

Comment

Quoth saranykm View Post
      correct me if im wrong, but i thought you cant charge tax on a bag of chips... last time i was at 711 and bought a 99 cent bag of cheetos, it was 99 cents. no tax
      i can see why he is pissed
      It would depend on the tax laws in your area. Here chips are definately taxable.
      Otaku

Comment

Depends on the state...some states don't tax food, others do.

Comment

Up here in Canadaland we are taxed on everything as far as I know. Essentially when I purchase something I assume it's going to be taxed. Just how it works.
          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth RetailSlave View Post
            Wisconsin taxes everything, and the suggestion of a tax-free day or two is blasphemy.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

i see. well then screw him!!!!
              i live in CA where we dont have tax on cold food

Comment

or the country
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I can't believe anyone would actually make a big deal over 32 cents. But then again, I have had people complain over 1 cent I even had a customer accuse me of stealing from her because I accidentally shorted her 1 cent.

Comment

tax is paid on certain items in ca, but every state i've been to, tax has been there (except oregon), so this guy is out of line. i'm betting his 'designer' get up was nothing but cheap knockoffs; cheap is as cheap does, after all.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

In TX, some foods are taxed, and some aren't Usually, foods you don't need, candy junk food etc, is taxed.

Comment

food isn't taxed here in Michigan, state of shitonomics economics, unless its junk food
                        Last edited by Boredom; 01-21-2009, 10:36 PM.
                        I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
                        "..."
                        "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Yeah I saw a customer complain once because their item was .01 higher than last week...

Yeah tax laws in AZ are fun, in Avondale where I live, everything is taxed, I cross the street into Phoenix, and FOOD items (chips and drinks are included) are NOT taxed.
                          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                            In TX, some foods are taxed, and some aren't Usually, foods you don't need, candy junk food etc, is taxed.
                            Sorta the same with New Mexico. I think the determination here is if it's a container that can be consumed immediately. Like a snack bag of chips, a 20 oz. soda, that type of thing.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Did you know Wisconsin has a toilet flushing tax? I kid you not.

Which explains why my water bill is always sky high and why everywhere I go, toilets are always unflushed and full of toilet paper.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X