This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost season 5

Any Lost fans catch the season premiere?

What did you think?

Ive always loved the series, we have all seasons on DVD

I'm not big on how unrealistic it is, that dream went out the window with the first episode in season one.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I liked it. It was interesting to see Aana-Lucia again and her "message" for Hurley (at the very end).

They were talking about it this morning and the biggest questions were:

1) What was with the flaming arrows?
    2) Who was that old lady (I guess they missed her in previous episodes where it seemed that Ben was afraid of her).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

the old lady is the woman desmond brought the ring off in season four

shes showed up one more time but I cant remember which episode

I wonder if the flaming arrows are from the hostiles who think that the survivors are part of the dharma initive?

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        the old lady is the woman desmond brought the ring off in season four
        Yes but she was also with Ben in one episode and she was bossing him around. I think it was in Season 3 or 4.

I'm glad Desmond isn't gone but I was really hoping it was Kelvin in the hatch.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

The Island is fine, it's the WORLD that's coming unstuck from time. *nodnod*

...what, I gotta be me. I'm contrary by nature.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I want to know why charlie and the others arent popping back up when they travel back and forward in time

Comment

I am the biggest Lost fan out of everyone I know.

That said.

I don't know why they had to use the phrase 'God help us all' in BOTH of the episodes. That's just too cheese-tastic for me.

I'm very angry with Hurley. I have a HUGE love for Ben Linus. Anyone disobeying him makes my blood boil.

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
                I'm very angry with Hurley. I have a HUGE love for Ben Linus. Anyone disobeying him makes my blood boil.

I don't know if that's scary or funny...maybe a little of both

but now Ben cant go back to the island, how is he going to get Juliet?

Comment

I hate to say it, but I don't know if I care anymore. I taped the premier, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I think I keep watching in the hopes that they answer a question, any question.

That being said, who they really need is Capt. Kirk. Star Trek has been doing things with rips in space-time for decades!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I hate to say it, but I don't know if I care anymore. I taped the premier, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I think I keep watching in the hopes that they answer a question, any question.
                    This is exactly the reason why I stopped watching it. They keep bringing up more and more questions, and refusing to answer them. It almost seems like they intend to keep the show running from season to season by forcing people to keep watching JUST to find out what the answers are, and nobody knows them.

After the show has gone off the air, I may well put them into my netflix queue, just so I can go back and watch them all.

Time travel??????

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I watched it! I'm a little confused but then again BSG is doing the exact same thing with my mind. I can't stop watching I must haves answers! Even if this ep didn't answer a single one. Just raised more. It's annoying but I have faith we'll get our answers before the series ends. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                        I want to know why charlie and the others arent popping back up when they travel back and forward in time
                        Because the group of people are consistent with when the events started (unless they die). Charlie died so he wasn't there when the island started to skip around.

I'm wondering if they'll ever run into themselves?
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                          I'm a little confused but then again BSG
                          You mean that fake travesty of a rip-off? I absolutely refuse to watch that. Watched a little when it first came on and quickly realized that they had messed with their own mythology regarding the Cylons.

And I'm still mad that Starbuck's a girl. >.<

Quoth draggar View Post
                          Because the group of people are consistent with when the events started (unless they die). Charlie died so he wasn't there when the island started to skip around.

I'm wondering if they'll ever run into themselves?
                          And I've watched waaaaaay too many soap operas to believe a character is actually dead. Even when there's a body. ("Days of Our Lives" even had a body one time that wasn't actually the person that was supposed to be dead.)
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            And I've watched waaaaaay too many soap operas to believe a character is actually dead. Even when there's a body. ("Days of Our Lives" even had a body one time that wasn't actually the person that was supposed to be dead.)
                            You can say that again about the soaps. I mean, there's only so many times you can kill a person off (Roger Thorpe? James Stenbeck? Alan Spaulding? These are classics who were killed off multiple times.)

Getting back to Lost, my Mom started watching it last season and I became interested in it last week when the last 3 episodes of season 4 were on.

At least there was an hour segment with the writers on before the premiere this week - it did answer a few of my questions, but still I'd have to watch the previous seasons to figure out who the characters were that are no longer on the show and how they connect to the current ones.

So if I can understand this time-shifting correctly, these two groups of people are in different times at the same time.

Meaning, Jack and the Oceanic 6 are at 3 years after their rescue but the people remaining on the island are right now are (thanks to Ben moving the island) however many years prior to the others.

Or am I just getting more confused? And has anyone figured out what exactly the Dharma Initiative was to start with? It looked to me like some sort of experiemental research group, but it seemed to be evolving into something a touch more complex than that.

Now my head hurts just from thinking about all that . . . I think I'll just wait for next Wedneday's episode.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              You mean that fake travesty of a rip-off? I absolutely refuse to watch that. Watched a little when it first came on and quickly realized that they had messed with their own mythology regarding the Cylons.

And I'm still mad that Starbuck's a girl. >.<
                              Hey don't dis it unless you tried it! If you give it a chance you might be surprised at how much you'd enjoy it. I love the original series too. But this version. OMFG it's so amazing! Best writing and acting I've seen on TV in a loooong time!

Comment

Working...
                              X