This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Update

K and I are going to see the lawyer on Wednesday.

You should see my immigration folder, it looks perfect.

It has 18 pages of typed info from me and 64 documents in it to hand over! (the documents are birth certificates, transcripts from my university etc)

If he says everything's fine then its only

16 weeks until we get an acknowledgment letter
    6 weeks after we get that letter I should receive my work permit (almost a year out of work!)

6-18 months I should be awarded permanent residency!!!

I only have one more document to type up for the lawyer - okay its the most difficult and Ive been putting it off

Im so excited and scared at the same time!!!

woohoo!!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Congratulations! Are you still planning on moving to Vancouver once this is completed?
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

hopefully before then, K is applying for jobs down there already

were hoping to be there for march, maybe april

Comment

Yay!

Although I truthfully have no idea where you're planning to reside... LOL I'm pretty sure I've sent you a Christmas card to a different country just about every year we've done it!
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Just had a meeting with the Lawyers this morning

everything should be filed by April!!!!

7 months until I can work again!

Comment

Woohoo! Good luck!
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Congrats!..
              Otaku

Comment

I got fingerprinted today

and had my photos taken

K has to submit the form to have me added to the title of the apartment and our part is done.

I have to review the application the lawyer makes before its sent off, sign a few things and then thats it on my part

I might have to have an interview in 6-10 months but they will do practise interviews for that

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                  Congratulations! Are you still planning on moving to Vancouver once this is completed?
                  I'm not why anyone that's read more than 3 of my threads would voluntarily select Vancouver as their top immigration choice. >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    voluntarily select Vancouver as their top immigration choice. >.>
                    Well, look at the other options. There's Alberta. Yeah, no. Saskatchewan. From which you can see both Alberta and Manitoba. Manitoba, which has the mosquito capital of North America, and not much else, Ontario, which has Toronto, Quebec, which has Montreal, and the maritimes, where they all speak...I dunno, but it's not English. And then there's the territories, which are too cold, and too dark for most of the year.

Note: Anyone who disagrees with this post is free to do so, though how you're gonna argue in favour of Toronto, I dunno.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Note: Anyone who disagrees with this post is free to do so, though how you're gonna argue in favour of Toronto, I dunno.
                      If I wanted to move to where people act like new yorkers, I would move to the real New York!

Comment

UPDATE!!!!

The Lawyer just called, they finally received the final police check back and I am a grade A law abiding citizen in both Canada and New Zealand WOOP WOOP

Now I'm getting an official letter with info for my medical check.... lets hope we can get that done this week (fingers crossed guys) and hopefully by the end of April they can send it off!!!

That would mean I could work sometime.... in October!!!

Comment

Yeah! Congratulations!
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

YAYYYYY YAYYYYYYYY! *sounds of much happy*

*happy dances*
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

So my medical check is tomorrow (wish me luck!)

I don't know everything they check but I have to have a urine test/ blood test/ x rays and a general physical... what ever that means

I'm extremely nervous, I have nightmares that I had AIDS, then that my kidneys had failed, then that I was pregnant....every night a different disease

I've been having panic attacks all week, just because they won't give you ANY detail about how this all works. I don't do well going to the doctor anyway, and I have a phobia of needles.

K has taken the day off work today to try and calm me down, we have to travel for 2 hours tomorrow to the doctor because our city doesn't have one who does immigration physicals....I also don't travel well in the car...UGH why can't this just be over already!

I haven't been sleeping at night, so I have resorted to naps during the day and every single pain makes me freak out... pain in my tummy = liver cancer, or a headache is a brain tumour...its all my lawyers fault, when he told me about the medical he mentioned that one of his clients discovered he had LUNG CANCER and was sent back to his home country. Oh gee thanks buddy way to make me freak the fuck out!

I know it will be fine (I've been told that by 4957438373 people already) but they aren't the ones with everything at stake are they, they don't have to be poked and prodded and judged and have blood taken *throws up*

anyway this time tomorrow we should be arriving in the medical city ready to find the doc, I want to go in plenty of time.Blah I feel awful.

At least this is the last thing I have to actively do, the rest is up to the lawyer and K. Hopefully by next week we should have the application sent off.

Comment

Working...
                              X