Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, good thing the cashier knows EVERYTHING!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, good thing the cashier knows EVERYTHING!

Not so sucky as just plain dumb:

Lady in front of me in line at Kmart was buying a long drapery rod. Asked the cashier if that would fit her kitchen window.

Cashier says (her tone indicating she couldn't believe she'd heard that right) Excuse me?

Lady repeats question. Cashier says "Um....I guess it will."

She looks at me. I give her a commiserating smile and slight wink. She smile back.

I was thinking she probably shouldn't have said that. If it doesn't fit, the flakey broad will be back screaming for her head.

I would have said as much, but the woman took so long putting her wallet back in her purse that she was STILL THERE after the cashier rung me up and I was on my way.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Lady repeats question. Cashier says "Um....I guess it will."
    That's one of those "I dunno, you tell me" kind of questions.

Comment

Well, woman should have measure her windows before buying it or check the length of the rod to see if it will fit.
      Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
      My space
      Facebook

Comment

Why do that when you can ask the Great And Powerful KMart Cashier?

Comment

Oh, didn't you know? When we get hired on as cashiers, they give us invisible headsets to wear that tell us all the information anyone needs to know at any given point in time.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
            Well, woman should have measure her windows before buying it or check the length of the rod to see if it will fit.
            If it makes sense, it's not allowed. Well all know that.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Lady in front of me in line at Kmart was buying a long drapery rod. Asked the cashier if that would fit her kitchen window.

and the wise cashier looked up from her scanner with a calm knowledgable look on her face and said softly

"how long, is a piece of string ma'am"

and the stupid woman was silenced, for she knew that such intelligence should not be questioned

and retail workers everywhere rejoiced

I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

People used to come into Kinko's all the time asking for something to be blown up to "poster size."

How big a poster do you want that blown up to, ma'am?

Comment

I get asked that too....I had a lady come and and ask:

"Do you know if this would fit *insert object name*?

No, I don't, so don't ask me!!!
                  Some days I just want to chase the customer around with a big book with teeth. D:

Comment

I had a gentleman today that came in asking if we knew what miracle diet pill had been advertised on TV that it was being carried at my chain. Hell if I know, I'm always at work during prime time, so I just don't watch tv at all.
                    He kept interrupting me every time I tried to continue to tell him the location of those products, too. Gah, dummy, shut your yap for 3 seconds and go away!

Comment

Well, ma'am, I can guarantee that rod will fit because every kitchen in the country has the same sized windows AND every kitchen is located in the front of the house, therefore facing North. That particular rod is only meant to be used on a Northern window.
                      Retail Haiku:
                      Depression sets in.
                      The hellhole is calling me ~
                      I don't want to go.

Comment

That woman would freak out if she had my grandmother's house. Every window, even those right next to each other, is a slightly different size. That means, that if you take the curtains down to wash them, putting them back up is a pain. It's even more fun if you mix up the cut-to-fit curtain rods Not too surprising, since the house was built in 1864 and *nothing* is "standard."
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Protege, your grandmother's house sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!! Can I move in?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Me too!

Every window in my grandmother's house is the same size, yet she went ballistic if you put the curtains/windowshades back up "wrong" (what was the "right" way I will probably never know; they're all the same)...
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Not so sucky as just plain dumb:

"It'll fit a window.. your kitchen window? I dunno. You haven't invited me over for coffee yet so I could see."
                              0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

Working...
                              X