This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need to blow off some steam

I am super frustrated right now. I have been off work since December 18 with a broken ankle. Thank God for worker's comp. So I was supposed to see my doc on Thursday to see about being allowed to put weight on the ankle and maybe going back to work. Well, wouldn't you know it, my appointment got cancelled. and moved to Monday. I know it's just a few days but I was so wanting to get the HE -double Hockey sticks out of this house and back to work. I have basically been stuck in my house for the past 6 weeks. I only have one person right now who can take me places. I am just really sick to death of being stuck in this damn house,. I swear, the doc better NOT cancel my Monday appointment or I am going to come unglued on them. I didn't have a choice of surgeons when this happened, I had to go with who wads on call. I don't much care for him either. He did a good job of fixing things up but his "bedside manner" sucks. And he's in a solo practice, so there wasn't even a partner that could check things out and maybe release me. All I want is permission to take my Jeepage and go for a hella long assed drive and stop when I finally feel like it. I really miss the freedom of being able to go where I want when I want. I will never take it for granted again. Just please let me have it back. I know I probably won't be allowed to drive for awhile even after I can walk but it will be soon. Then I am going to take off and see some people that I haven't seen in awhile, including a friend and her 4 munchkins.

I hope your doctor tells you what mine told me--you can drive as soon as you feel safe to do so!

good luck!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

So the doc didn't cancel the last appointment and did tell me that I can start walking and using the ankle as much as I feel able to do so. I actually had to go and get new shoes though ebcause the ones that I had were uneven from only using one over the last 8 weeks. I will probably still not be driving for another couple weeks. He still wants me using the crutches and stuff so I have to wait til I get rid of those. Plus since my Jeep is still at my work, no one will take mme to go get it. It just got left there when I fell. But it's in a safe place there too. So another week or two til I can take that drive. I might even decide to reward myself with a trip down to Portland and go to Powell's Book Store.

Comment

Working...
      X