This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetent IRS!!!!

I e-filed yesterday thru TurboTax. Today I get an email that my return was rejected due to an incorrect AGI. I check my 07 return, what I entered was right, but I second guess myself and enter my '06 AGI and resubmit.

REEEEEEEEE-JECTED!!!!

I am not the only one; there are at least 12 subjects in the TT forum regarding this!!!

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'll have to call the IRS tomorrow and maybe wait an hour before getting someone because everyone else will be calling about the same thing!!

BONEHEADS!!!!!
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

I think maybe you are supposed to enter your 2008 AGI. I think that is what I did when I e-filed this year.
    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

This seems to be happening a lot.

My older sis did my taxes, and had to resubmit the feds for something or other.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
        I think maybe you are supposed to enter your 2008 AGI.
        nadda, both turbo tax, tax cut, and tax works are saying 2007 AGI... I haven't checked the IRS website though, but when three separate software programs say the same thing I think it's a pretty sure thing.

And I had the same thing happen, which is why my printer is busy spitting out 30 pages of crap right now, between state and federal returns, copies for my records, and checklists for the returns...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

After spending half an hour on hold with the IRS, I was told my AGI was on line 15 of last years 1040A.

me: "Not line 21? This says "This is your AGI."

IRS: "No."

me: "Line 15 doesn't take off the $52 in student loan interest I had..."

IRS: "You had no SLI last year."

me: :WTF: Ooo-kaaay....(me thinking "whatever..it lists SLI right here.....I gotta get off the phone") Line 15, then....Alright, thank you very much!

I resubmitted, and it was accepted, so I hope an auditor doesn't call in a few months, I'll be ready with "This is what YOUR customer service TOLD ME TO DO!!!"

Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 02-10-2009, 08:59 AM.
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Taxes make my head hurt. I usually bribe my dad to do them (he likes my cookies better than moms) But I'd thought I'd do it online this year. Next year i'm just making the damn cookies.
            Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Does anyone know if free sites like Tax Act are any good? I can't afford to spend a huge chunk of my refund on H & R Block. I just want to see if it's worth it to go online.
              "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I do my taxes through tax act. The federal return is free and the state costs $14.95. It is very easy, you just follow the instructions which are easy. I got my refund in a week!
                "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  My older sis did my taxes, and had to resubmit the feds for something or other.
                  Same here, but now I have to submit a paper copy.

Just gotta find out of I have to attach my W-2s...and where those are.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    Same here, but now I have to submit a paper copy.

Just gotta find out of I have to attach my W-2s...and where those are.
                    They're over here somewhere. Call Mom. She can hunt for them.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I did my taxes through TurboTax. It was a breeze. AGI? Was that for doing an e-file again? Did you try to find an old PIN?
                      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
                        Does anyone know if free sites like Tax Act are any good? I can't afford to spend a huge chunk of my refund on H & R Block. I just want to see if it's worth it to go online.
                        I'll chime in as another who has sworn by Tax Act for the past three years or so.

Comment

I did my taxes on TurboTax and had no problem, but I did a friend's for him (also on TurboTax) and for some reason it took forEVER for his return to get accepted, despite it being a simpler return than my own (which got accepted pretty much immediately). TurboTax is a great application, but not without its glitches, to be sure...if only they'd actually call the IRS and sit on hold and in automated-attendant hell for you.

As for the IRS, I spent the better part of a year fighting them over a data-entry error they had made (they entered my corrected-return information to the wrong tax year), including getting a lien lifted from my paychecks and going back and forth via phone and in person, multiple times, pointing out exactly where the error had occurred until someone finally realized what I was talking about and got the wheels turning for fixing it. Eventually I was refunded everything I was owed, including interest, which was wonderful, but it felt like bashing my head against the wall for months to get there.
                          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Darn. This thread reminded me that now that the parents are finally home from the hospital, I still have to do my tax return.

I'll be getting a BUNCH back, at which time, I'll be but the thought of alllll that paperwork, even WITH Turbo Tax....
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                              I'll be getting a BUNCH back, at which time, I'll be but the thought of alllll that paperwork, even WITH Turbo Tax....
                              The last couple of years the TurboTax has gotten simpler and simpler. I think it took me less than an hour this year, and that included having to enter all our information from scratch and disbursements on 401(k)s. It scared me a bit.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X