X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need kitty fud recommendation

I has new cat! Mrow!
    her name is Fuzzy, aka Fuzzbutt, and she's a domestic long haired klingon cat . All black, and she's such a considerate kitty.

I want to do good things for her/ with her. Got any dry food rec's for me? It's been a couple years since I had my cats

Thx for any help

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

*gets out whistle*

SAAAAYYYYY-DRAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

She seems to be the animal food expert 'round these parts.

Yay kitties!!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Best thing I can recommend is get several types in your price range and see what your cat goes for. Remember, they're fussy eaters and will put their pride before their hunger.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

*nods* According to our vet, cats will starve themselves before eating something they don't like.

(luckily, our vet will allow us to return any dry/wet food McGriff decides he doesn't like)
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

As far as dry food goes, maybe get some small boxes of various varieties, depending on your price range. Or find out whatever the shelter/pet shop/breeder has been feeding them and what might be suitable as an alternative.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I gave my cat Science Diet until he was a year old. I then switched him to IAMs. I was worried when we got the second one that he wouldn't take to it the same way the first had, but he was a farm cat.

Hope this helps!
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Check around for hairball formulas. I use Iams, and my cats love it. The short-haired one has no problem with hairballs, and the long-haired one only has problems when she's either excessively shedding and I'm neglecting to brush her enough, or if I've run out of food before being able to get more and give her junky stuff.

Comment

Miss Fuzzy came home with 2 cans of diet mushy food, and a ziplock bag of IAMS cat food. She likes the IAMS, so I know she'll like that.

It's just that my 2 cats (rest in peace girlies) had to have a low-ash, prescription diet due to urine crystals & pee issues.

I love this kitty. Fuzzy has learned her name in 2 days, she doesn't get on the counter - she knows that's a no no place. She LOVES laser pointer game, (my bf bought one just for her) and when she's chasing & killing the laser, she will NOT attack my foot! She knows Momma's foot is off limits. She doesn't scratch furniture, she keeps her claws in... guess her biggest drawback is that she drools. LOL. And that I can't go to another room in the apt. without her following me.

J and I went to the animal shelter, and I went into cat visit room. Fuzzers jumped right on me and started to purr and almost laid in my lap. No wait time, no hesitation...she said "take me home cuz you're my human". And she loves J. She follows him and plays laser game with him a lot, but if I get up and change rooms, she follows me.

I'm so lucky to have found a good kitty. Pics later!

Cutenoob

Comment

I think you should post pics and then we'll have a better idea of what she'd like to eat.

<.<
                  >.>

what?
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    find out whatever the shelter/pet shop/breeder has been feeding them and what might be suitable as an alternative.
                    We bought a cat from a pet shop once. They swore 20 ways from Sunday that the cats were all feed Science Diet, and they loved it!!!!!

No.

Kitty didn't touch the crap. Not one little lick.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

What country/city are you in? Do you want to keep it organic? What's your budget? I currently have 11 cats left in the house. Let me know, and I'll try to offer you what info I have.
                      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

I work in a pet food store and am owned by 2 picky felines . Miss Molasses* is doing WONDERFULLY on Innova Senior Cat (www.naturapet.com). I am really impressed by the quality of the Innova - the first 3 ingredients are real meat and there is no corn and no byproducts in it anywhere. Seriously, I would eat the stuff myself. I want them to make a Student Kibble...

*Testimonial: Molasses has always been a fat lazy kitty, and often a seriously grumpy one; within a month of switching her to Innova, she had lost a substantial amount of weight, was sleeker and shiner than she had been in ten years, and she had started to play again! This 12 year old cat that never moves was running up and down the stairs with toys in her mouth! I think she must have had arthritis that was relieved by the glucosamine & chondroitin in the food. Of course, now I wish she would shut up in the middle of the night

(Other Kitty is eating a locally made kibble - Acana Pacifica - but that is not widely available outside Alberta yet. Good stuff though. Pickles loves his fish, and is allergic to corn and wheat. Pacifica is grain free and has fresh caught lake whitefish, northern pike, and salmon in it. Pickles is a fat happy fuzzbutt now).

I also recommend Wellness cat foods (www.wellness.com) to customers. Another excellent line, and I have fed it to both my cats in the past. They did well. Pickles just wanted something with lower magnesium (bladder crystals a few years ago) and Molasses needed the senior food

To be honest, I am not particularly fond of Iams, Science Diet or Eukanuba. They're not bad, but the bar has been raised in pet foods over the last 5-10 years and they have not kept up with the changes. There are better foods available, IMO. In a pinch, Science Diet's "Nature's Best" (Chicken and Rice or Seafood flavours) is better than their other foods, I think.

Comment

Kitty Pic!

Here you go!

Cutenoob

Comment

Awww, she looks like BT's kitty!
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Iams is pretty good and not all that expensive
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X