This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! NO WAY!

I found out that there will be a Sonic coming to a city that's around 45 minutes away from me! Near the mall I like to frequent!

I keep seeing yummy commercials and hearing about how great the place is, but the nearest one was in Iowa.

W00t! W00t!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Yeah, they finally opened one in the town next to us. We were very happy to find that out.

Cherry limeade!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

YES!

I actually am not a big fan of the food there (though it is certainly edible) - but the cherry limeade is...amazing.

Comment

They got a Sonic around here last fall....I still haven't been to it yet because my driver's side window doesn't roll down and it's been too damn cold.

If you'd get your little butt up here this spring or summer, we can certainly go there!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ugg, the nearest one to me is about an hour away according to MapQuest... Which would put it about an hour and a half drive, probably more with traffic. :P And when I lived in Ohio, the nearest was in New York!

I wanna try one sooo baaad! All those commercials tease me mercilessly!!

Comment

The closest ones are in Palm Beach county...
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ah, I love Sonic! The drinks, the cheddar poppers, the cheese sticks, the TATER TOTS! I prefer other chains' burgers, but I usually go to Sonic because of the Tots. Why don't more places have tater tots!?!
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                I prefer other chains' burgers, but I usually go to Sonic because of the Tots. Why don't more places have tater tots!?!
                Yum, tater tots!

I also love their onion rings. Instead of using frozen onion rings, they bread and fry fresh onions. Quite nice with ranch dip.

Now I'm getting hungry!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Love their guacamole bacon burgers and curly fries. Didn't know they had tater tots. I might have to try them next time.

I've got one just up the street from me.

*runs and hides*

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

You're gonna love Sonic . . . we do.

Of course, we've had a few locations here for several years now . . . nearest location is maybe 6 minutes from my house.

Footlong Chili Cheese Coney dogs and tater tots . . . their onion rings are good too - they're HUGE.

Cherry limeade's always a classic . . . however my fave has been traditionally the peanut butter milkshake.

But then, those Sonic Blasts are addictive as sin . . . send one with M&M's please. I'll cover the postage.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

There's a rumor going around Sonic is going to build a restaurant in my city. I'll believe it when I see it.

We're going to have an A&W opening up, probably sometime next month.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

STILL no sonic anywhere around here

they keep teasing me with their commercials

Comment

They actually film those commercials (most of them) at a Sonic near me. I was next door at the Taco John's and the woman giving me my food was all excited. She pointed for me to look out my other window at the film crew and said that they'd done this several times. They shut down one side of the Sonic and let the actors improv there and the actors will also often talk with people who are nearby and fans. She said they are very nice.

She said she's seen the two guys and the husband/wife duo. Apparently the ad agency that thought up with the whole scheme is in KC or nearabouts or the guy behind it all was from near here. That's hearsay, but *shrugs* I did see them setting up to film it.

(Edit1: Just thought I'd note... this specific Sonic is in Blue Springs. Opposite side of town, but yeah... not far!)
                          (Edit2: I just got back from the Sonic that is 5 minutes from me, ironically enough. Went to pick up a Route 44 Diet Coke. The food is average but boy do they do soft drinks right.)
                          Last edited by Heksubah; 02-15-2009, 05:12 AM.
                          "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

We have one here, but it's clear across town from where I now live. I used to pass by it every day on my way to work, occasionally stopping for breakfast or lunch. I had to pick up and move closer to work (stupid spiraling gas prices) and so now I don't have easy access to my tater tots and cherry limeade.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
                              (Edit1: Just thought I'd note... this specific Sonic is in Blue Springs. Opposite side of town, but yeah... not far!)
                              Hm, Blue Springs...had a manager from there once, although I never understood why she'd want to commute from Blue Springs to Ward Parkway I never got out that way...I usually went to the Sonic in Waldo (on Wornall). It was a bit of a drive, but the only ones closer weren't safe to go to at night (east of Troost and Westport). Well...Westport probably would've been ok safety wise, just a pain in the butt getting in and out of there at night.

Happily now, I live in a town with 3 Sonics, all within 10 minutes drive and no ghetto. Yay!
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                              X