This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to do something...

Okay ya'll remember the simpsons epsiode where homer becomes obese so he can get disability . Well there is a girl that works in laundry in the union where I work.In the last 6 months she has gained 50 lbs or more.She was already about 300 Plus pounds. She told me that shes trying to gain enough weight to get disabilty payments. I just want to

She already has Diabetes,high blood pressure and high cholestrol. It just makes me so f***ing mad.Me and the hubby worked so hard to lose weight together and get his Diabetes under control,and then theres someone like this out there. My question is...
    Is there somewhere I can call and report this crap.I'm just so mad about this crap. Hell the other day she came in and bought 3 king size candy bars,chocolate milk and pop tarts.And then went up stairs and had biscuits and gravy and then had burger king for lunch.

Well, if you live in the states, I would suggest you speak to the Social Security Administration (the governing body of disability benefits). The number is 1800-772-1213. They're closed today but will open again tomorrow from 7-7 in your local timezone.

The real problem is SSA may not be able to do anything. She technically wouldn't be defrauding the system if she truly becomes disabled. Funny thing is, she'll have a time trying to explain to a doctor how she gained so much weight. Any competent doctor will see through her facade instantly and will not give his approval for disability. But who knows if she'll go to a competent doctor...or a moral one.
    Last edited by Nurian; 02-16-2009, 09:37 PM.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Or to quote DBZ TV reporter from the Cell games "Some stupidity only death can cure"
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Sometimes the best revenge is doing absolutely nothing.

Think about it. You and your hubby did lose weight and got his diabetes under control, right?

Well, this raging fuck hen is doing everything she can to remove herself and her genomes from the planet. Enjoy watching her suffer. And trust me....she will.

My legs of steel laugh in her general direction.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          ....THAT'S an image I can do without....
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Quoth Nurian
            ....THAT'S an image I can do without....
            Actually ... that makes me want to be Jester's fangirl for some reason.

Comment

I'm in the "do nothing" camp. Sudden weight gain probably won't be enough evidence that your coworker is trying to cheat the system.

In time, she won't be able to move much without losing her breath and suffering some kind of pain, her diabetes and high blood pressure will get worse, and her heart and other bodily organs won't be able to keep up with the demands of an increasingly large body.

It's her own grave she digging. Literally.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"HR" comes to mind.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Must....not....go.....fratching......

I'll just say I agree with Jester and leave it at that.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I vote "do nothing" as well. Bite your lip, take a deep breath, and you and your hubby just keep doing your thing and keeping up the good work.

It's their decisions to become walking clogged arteries. If free money is more important than living a full life, then more power to them.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Why would you even feel you have to report it? It's not any of your business, to be blunt.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        Why would you even feel you have to report it? It's not any of your business, to be blunt.
                        Well after reading some of the comments here,its best to leave it alone.But since you asked I am mad because its my tax dollars.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

Well it would be, it's the same as someone faking an injury to get a payout from a car accident, it's fraud, and it's one reason why premiums and taxes are so high.
                          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                            The real problem is SSA may not be able to do anything.
                            SSA disability claims are very lengthy right now. Some people are waiting up to a year to get one processed; so she's pretty SOL if she thinks she's going to get one for being fat.

There's many terms that apply; and claims reps are allowed to be subjective. I know people that work in SSA field offices; they know a scam when they see one.

Also, like every agency, SSA has an Office of the Inspector General to follow up on frauds just like this. Should she file a claim, they're the ones to call. It makes me ill that there's people out there who desperately need the help, and then you have these assholes that slow down the process.

That Simpsons episode is one of my favorites. "The fingers you have used to dial this number are too fat. Please hang up and try again..."
                            "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

obligatory Fratching warning, people. Use it wisely.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X