X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the bread dance!

it's my new obsession

taking a recipe i found for simple bread and ... experimenting.

i made it to recipe (though halved) once, using whole wheat flour, though I don't bother sifting. since then, i've made it with diced apples, diced mangos, both fruits combined...

today's substitutions were (using regular flour this time)... 1 egg for the oil, and an addition of 1/2 cup dried blueberries, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 chopped dates, & 1/2 chopped hazelnuts (cos i like those more than walnuts).

No idea what it tastes like though. I just pulled the loaf from the oven.

but hey it sounds interesting at least. and should taste... unusual when i use it for a chicken sammich!

I'm making bread too!

a loaf of french bread for my bruschetta and some mini bread bowls for a hot spinach and artichoke dip. Om nom nom....

sounds interesting, I shall have to save the ideas for add-ins for future use...

Comment

I suck at making bread. I think I kill the yeast or something because the dough never rises. Most stuff I cook=good. Bread= blunt object.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        I suck at making bread. I think I kill the yeast or something because the dough never rises. Most stuff I cook=good. Bread= blunt object.
        Hrmm...mebbe the yeast is dead from too hot of water for proofing?

I've had moments, attempting to make bread and ending up with a hockey puck instead...or a football, as hard as they were...

Now I find it therapeutic to beat the crap out of the dough...very cathartic...

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          Dwarf combat bread like mother used to forge...
          ref: Sir Terry Pratchett

A lifesaver at school, both in the classroom and the combat zone (playground).
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X