This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homicide: Life on my street

There was a murder in a house on my street the other day. It happened when I was at work during the day. There is a house up the road with police tape around it and a policeman stationed outside. The news says the police have arrested 5 guys.

I got a phone call from a friend just after I got in from work, "There was a murder in your street. Are you ok?"
    Me: "I didn't do it."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Shame about the murder. It reminds me of something a friend and I used to do when we hadn't seen each other in a while.

"So, what've you been up to?"
    "WELL I HAVEN'T BEEN KILLING ANY HOOKERS IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE IMPLYING."

Eventually, we were forced to stop when we realised not everyone was apparently in on the joke.
    Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

I live in a "nice" neighbourhood too. By nice I mean crackhead infested. Hey I could afford the mortgage.

1) Murder (stabbing) with the body left in the alley running behind my house. (few years ago)
      2) Drug stings, tearing down shooting galleries and grow ops. Saw my house on the news as police dogs ran across my front lawn looking for people who ran. (few years ago)
      3) Body found on this past New Years Day, lying on the sidewalk on the street behind mine.
      3) Home invasion up the street where two of the residents are beat with tire irons (few weeks ago).

The think is, these people all seem to feed on themselves...well except for the time they stole my bbq....erm...and my ladder.

Hey Raps & Ree, did I forget to mention the fun times, before you stayed here?
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
        Uuuuhhh...yeah!!

Nothing like sitting around, watching the TV and munching down on popcorn only to discover your house is on the news bulletin flashing across the screen.

"Hmm...I guess that wasn't heavy purring from the kitties after all...it was the News channel helicopters overhead.
        Oh, my, I think my grass needs cutting..."
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I live in a decent neighborhood, fortunantly. Decent neighborhoods are becoming harder and harder to find.

I hate talking to the girlfriend and she goes, "oh, I think I heard gun fire" I typically have a heart attack and contemplate driving the 10 hour drive, and hauling her butt to my house to live.
          When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
            Everything you mentioned after 'cats' was a blur.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've been living out in the boonies for almost 8 years now. I don't think I could move back to the city if I had to. (Almost) all of our "neighbors" are great people. We have about 3 sheriff's deputies that live within 5 minutes of us. Being out in the country, everybody knows that everybody else keeps firearms, and well knows how to use them, and everybody also knows that we have a fully functional cannon. We very rarely have any problems out here.
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                "There was a murder in your street. Are you ok?"
                Uh, isn't the fact that you've answered your phone a good enough answer!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Not too sure about the crime that goes on at home. I think it's mostly just cops busting parties up.

At school it's nothing special. Just the usual. People walking back from parties piss drunk at 1am and getting mugged. Girls bringing strangers back to their rooms and getting taken advantage of. Girls getting into cars with strangers and getting taken advantage of. Some woman getting pushed off of the top of a parking garage. Riots when the Phillies get into the World Series. Riots when the Phillies win the World Series.
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

the nieghborhood I'm in is one where you are safe walking the streets 24 hours a day... but don't leave your doors unlocked for more than 2 minutes, and never leave line of site if they are unlocked... also never leave a vehicle idling. I'm sure Fenrus can attest to the number of calls they get for robbery... my condo has been broken into, neighbors on two sides of me have been broken into, half a dozen cars have been broken into (mine included), bikes have been stolen, the list goes on... but to my knowledge, there's never been anything violent (and Fenrus, I wish to keep that niavity).
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                      we have a fully functional cannon.
                      That may be one of the greatest things I've ever seen anyone say!

Quoth Greenday View Post
                      At school it's nothing special.

Some woman getting pushed off of the top of a parking garage.
                      Call me crazy (and many will, and do), but that particular item doesn't sound like the typical college town/sports town affair.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Call me crazy (and many will, and do), but that particular item doesn't sound like the typical college town/sports town affair.....
                        It doesn't that I'm aware of. As I recall, it wasn't any actual students involved, but yea, some weird stuff happens right around our campus. You'd never think it. It seems like a nice little suburban town.
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                        X