This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Snakes, Coming Together!

While trawling cnn.com I saw a headline under "Entertainment" that read: The Five Greatest Conan Moments.

I immediately became excited, thinking it was a list of the 5 greatest moment from "Conan the Barbarian" (my husband's favorite movie ever; we watch it at least twice a year).

But of course it was about the Conan O'Brian show.

So I'm going to make my own list of the Five Greatest Conan the Barbarian moments. Feel free to add your own list!

In no particular order (eh, spoiler alert):

1. The orgy scene. Sheer awesomeness! Shape-shifting, human-flesh eating, Thorgrimm with a huge-ass hammer, Conan in zebra paint. It doesn't get better than this!
    2. The flaming pyre scene where Conan burns Valeria's body. And Subodai is crying and when the wizard asks why he's crying, he says, "Because he won't."
    3. Conan kills a vulture with his teeth!
    4. Conan beheads Thulsa Doom. Seriously, his head goes bouncing down the steps just like a real head would. And Conan really has to hack at it!
    5. Hot Slut in the Hut: The sexy witch lady. Guess she got more than she bargained for...

And an honorable mention: the scene where Conan and Subodai are walking through the town and they see a guy having...intimate...relations with a pack animal, and Conan is laughing so hard he walks into a camel, then gets mad and punches the camel.

(I don't think he actually punched the camel, and the vulture wasn't real either. Nor was the giant snake he decapitated. No animals harmed here!)

The music in that movie is awesome too.

Oh no, the husband has sucked me into his particular Geek Area of Expertise!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Now do the same for the (So Bad it's Good) Sequel, Conan the Destroyer!

Comment

Working...
    X