X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got robbed today...

... apparently, while I was at lunch.

It wasn't a "stick-em-up-n-gimme-all-yer-money" robbery.

What happened (I was told) was that while the Boss was in the back, working on the printing press, the Boss' Wife was helping a customer at the counter and in walks this 'shady-looking' guy. He pokes around for a bit, asking nothing questions (do you have sketchbooks, pencils, India ink... strange, India ink is one of the most stolen items we have so we keep it behind the till... people do home tattooing with it, apparently...) and keeps poking around...

So the Boss' Wife leaves the front so that she can use the laminator for the other customer, and they're talking and the machine is running and they're talking... (I know the customer she's helping and he's a great guy but will talk your ear off, and the Boss' Wife can be just as bad).

They start going back to the counter and the shady guy is quickly moving out the door, just trying not to be seen. The Boss' Wife thought that she saw him holding his coat like it was covering something, so she followed him outside... and he's just gone. Nowhere. Booked it.

She looks around for a bit to see if anything is missing and nothing seems out of place, so she goes back to work.

At the end of the day, I'm doing the Day End counting of money and stuff...

We were short just over $200 in the till.

He must have popped open the till (which has a 'ding' bell that rings when it opens ALWAYS!), grabbed the $10s and $20s and split (after closing it, which also makes a 'ding' ALWAYS!).

Before I went to lunch I went to the bank and stocked up on $10's. At the end of the day there was only 1 in the till, and we weren't that busy. In fact, we were so slow that I didn't use the till AT ALL after I got back.

I recount, she counts, we count... and the money is just gone.

She can't remember just what the guy looks like, just that he was a 'minority' (my word, not hers... I could say what one but it really doesn't matter).

And the Boss doesn't want to call the police and report it. The Boss says "Well, we'll just have to chalk it up to a bad experience..."

SMURF!

SMURF SMURF SMURFITY SMURFITY SMURFSNORKSMURF!!!!!!

SMURF!!!!

If something like that happened while I was there, I FOR ONE wouldn't be leaving the till, for SMURFs sake! I would also have GONE TO THE BACK TO GET THE BOSS TO HELP KEEP AN EYE ON THE SHADY GUY! I've done it before and I'll do it again!

But if it happened to me, I would have been read the Riot Act! "Why didn't you call me?", "Why did you leave the till?", "Why didn't you get a better description of the guy?", "Why were you wasting time chatting?", etc., etc., etc....

I just hate working at a job where the employers hold their employees to a higher standard than they hold themselves...

INTERCOURSE!!!

End
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Okay, why they blue fuck won't your boss call the cops on the robber?! That's pretty freakin' stupid if you ask me and even with a minimal amount of descriptions they may have had on the robber, they still could've called the cops. Does your store have any security cameras, especially by the registers?
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      Does your store have any security cameras, especially by the registers?
      If they do, odds are they are pointing at the till and the employees as opposed to anyone who could walk in off the street.

El Pollo - my sympathies having that sort of fucktrumpet as a boss.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        Okay, why they blue fuck won't your boss call the cops on the robber?! That's pretty freakin' stupid if you ask me and even with a minimal amount of descriptions they may have had on the robber, they still could've called the cops. Does your store have any security cameras, especially by the registers?
        Nope, no cameras. The store is small enough that you should be able to keep an eye on the front from the back if you are paying attention...

Yeah...

The Boss' justification is that we didn't find out what happened for around 3-4 hours, so the guy who did it is LONG gone. I did tell him to at least call the cops and report it and he still said no.

Dammit, I need to win a lottery! Just one little 7-figure payday so that I can drop this job like a hot rock.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I feel your pain.

When I got robbed for the second time in exactly three weeks, the boss was PISSED that I called the cops to report it.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Perhaps I'm simply insane, but if the boss doesn't want to report it, and the only witness was the boss's wife, perhaps she took the money?

(Trust? What is this trust thing you speak of?)
            "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Working...
            X