This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Valentine's Joy

I popped into the local pharmacy/miscellany shop today and they still had some Valentine's candy on clearnace. 75% off choclate makes me a happy Buglady!

I am not the only one enjoying the choccies though. I bought some Hershey's "Bliss" truffles ($1 for a 120g bag - and it's a pretty little fabric bag with a red drawstring, even!) and since they are individually wrapped, I crumpled up the foils for the kitties to play with. There is a spirited game of hockey being played in my kitchen right now. When they lose that ball, I should have another one ready for them (4 or 5 wrappers to make a good size ball).

$1 has kept us all amused for quite some time now...

My favorite thing about post-Valentine's day is that's when the Cadbury Creme Eggs come out.

And my cats love the foil ball, too. All the toys we bought them and their favorites are foil balls, bendy straws, and peas.
    (Of course, the straws end up going under the closet doors in the hall, and petrified peas have been found under a couple storage boxes in the kitchen. Ironically, they discovered the joy of the bendy straw when I used one to get a pea out of a spot no one could reach...after watching Little Miss try for a while - what? she was only a few months old and it was really cute, and funny - I finally took pity on her, and when I couldn't get my hand in the spot either, I got out a straw. After that all they wanted to play with was the straw.)
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-22-2009, 05:11 AM.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BT's cat loves to play with crumpled cigarette packs and the skewers he puts olives on for martinis. He's trying to teach him to fetch - it's hilarious.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Mine used to love those plastic cylinders that 35mm film comes in.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Up until last week, my kitties were playing in a large box. That is, I'd left the large shipping box (formerly full of MG stuff) in the living room. Both kitties were burrowing through the paper, and hiding in there. They were truly upset when I got rid of that box!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Oh, whenever we go to Costco, we HAVE to put one of the boxes down for Molasses. It becomes her Fortress of Silence whenever the dog is bothering her :P

I should give up on buying toys for these two. They always end up ignoring the toys and playing with random objects that they find. I just found a very dead sugar-snap pea pod... tiny bite marks all over it... weird animals.

Comment

I should check out the bookstore. A week after V Day they had Godiva for 50% off. I need to see if they have any left. >>
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X