Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acid Reflux + Shots = GROSS!!! (That's a warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid Reflux + Shots = GROSS!!! (That's a warning)

So, it was my friend's 25th birthday so I went with a bunch of friends to her apartment to celebrate. I had just finished my first beer and was halfway through my second beer (With acid reflux, you can't take shots, so I stick to beer. Your stomach just rejects shots and they automatically comes right back up whether you are drunk or completely sober.) A couple people were going to do a shot and the girl whom I'm interested in was doing one and wanted me to do a shot with her. I told her I couldn't because of my acid reflux and that I'd instantly puke it back up. She didn't believe me and kept asking me to do a shot with her. I finally gave in and warned her to stay out of the way.

Sugar up my lemon.
    Toast to my friend's birthday.
    Take the shot.
    Gets the lemon to my lips.
    Shot comes right back up and I somehow managed not to let it out of my mouth and onto everything.

Only problem was I couldn't hold it in my mouth long enough and...swallowed it. I got to the bathroom and it came back up AGAIN. Unfortunately, someone was in the bathroom so I had to run to the sink in the kitchen and release it in there.

Ugh, it was freaking hilarious, yet embarrassing that I did it in front of the girl I liked. I really, REALLY didn't want to puke in front of her. I'd be fine with puking in front of anyone else but it had to be her. Sigh.

Moral of the Story: If your friend says he/she has acid reflux and can't do shots, don't test them.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

>.< Why in the world didn't she just listen to you?
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Strange. My acid reflux just made any alcohol I tried to drink burn all the way down. Badly enough that I just avoided any and all of it.

Getting a prescription to Prilosec was the best thing I ever did. Before I had insurance, my Dr even told me I could take the over-the-counter stuff on a regular basis. It helped a lot.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Normally I'll pop a zantac before drinking, but I'm out of them right now. Looking back on it...I still find it hilarious.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
        X