This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avert Your Eyes!

I was coming out of the library today when a woman around my age or a little older stopped me.

She said my shirt was offensive.

She said I should think about what I'm wearing before I leave the house.

She said I especially shouldn't wear something like this when I'm in a place children frequent.

She said I shouldn't support sensationalised violence because children might get the wrong idea.

She said I should consider setting a better example for younger people.

I asked if she was campaigning for Stupid Bitch of the Year.

My shirt had the name of our local roller derby team on it and nothing else. It's a regular black t-shirt.

Her shirt said "Overworked and Underfucked". It was cut off at the belly.

Good luck with that one, darlin'.
    Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

What a raging bitch!
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Hypocrisy aside, I want her shirt.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

As long as you can pull it off better than she did.

I think I know what her problem with the "under" part was.

Comment

You'd be surprised at what I can pull off.

Unseen but seeing
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post
            I was coming out of the library today when a woman around my age or a little older stopped me. She said my shirt was offensive...She said I should consider setting a better example for younger people...My shirt had the name of our local roller derby team on it and nothing else...Her shirt said "Overworked and Underfucked". It was cut off at the belly.
            Aren't white-trash fun? She'd fit in nicely in the southern part of my county.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post

Her shirt said "Overworked and Underfucked". It was cut off at the belly.
              I must have that shirt. But not cut off at the belly. That would cause blindness.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IRV! Where is your avatar from? I totally remember it but cannot remember where from! I'm thinking something like Sesame Street. Am I correct?

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                  IRV! Where is your avatar from? I totally remember it but cannot remember where from! I'm thinking something like Sesame Street. Am I correct?
                  Why yes you are.

Noonie noonie noo noo noonie noonie noo.....
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have no problem with her wearing that shirt.

Depending on the name of the roller derby team on your shirt, I might not have too much of an issue with her commenting on it, though I might say it really is none of her business. (Out of curiosity, what is the name of the team that she so objected to?)

But for her to be wearing THAT shirt and commenting on YOUR shirt?

Have I ever mentioned how much I despise hypocrites and hypocrisy?

I do have one shirt with the word "fuck" on it: a George Carlin shirt with the saying "Simon says go fuck yourself!" on the back. I do NOT wear it any time I will be in The Bar, or if I am going to go somewhere I know young children or families will be. However, I WILL wear it when I am just going out or walking down Duval Street, especially at night time. I am waiting for the day some yahoo tourist jackhole gives me shit for it while they are dragging their kids through the Duval Street madness at midnight. Ohhhh, am I waiting for that evening!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      You'd be surprised at what I can pull off.

Oh the innuendo.
                      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I get snide remarks quite often about how I shouldn't dress so "nice".

I usually just retort back "At least I look nice!".......you want to go out in public in your jammies and your hair the way you woke up with it, fine by me. You don't see me trashing you for it, but don't trash me because it's Friday evening and I dared to wear my nice clothes and wear makeup and do my hair nicely.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The name on the shirt is "Tampa Tantrums", above a picture of tiny roller skates. It's a wonder my sinful flesh doesn't fall off. I almost feel bad; with a little notice, if I'd known she'd be there I could have come up with something MUCH more offensive, I'm sure.

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
                            Oh the innuendo.
                            It just happens naturally with me.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You sure she wasn't just messing with you?

That's the only explanation I can come up with . That, and maybe it was a desperate last ditch effort to get someone to notice, become offended by, and comment on her shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X