This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst weekend EVER!

So its coming up on that special time of year when the idiots come out of the woodwork....not in flocks, not in droves....no

they come in redneck drunk hillbilly nascar wannabe drivers!

I'm unforutante enough to live to close to Bristol Motor Speedway, where for a week in march they come and invade the town...

I lock myself in the house and don't come out till tuesday.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

And a weekend in August, I think.

Nothing like Bristol races if you ask me. It's just like the Saturday night dirt-track races my dad took me to as a child.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
      I'm unforutante enough to live to close to Bristol Motor Speedway, where for a week in march they come and invade the town...
      I feel your pain. About 12 years ago they wanted to push in one of those monstrosities into my old town, and boy was there a fit. They ran a study in the papers on your track in Bristol to see how it would measure up if it came to ours. The NASCAR junkies claimed it would bring revenue; the environmental preservers said it would eff up the countryside and local traffic royally (no prize for guessing which side I was on). There was a lot of bad blood going around then - I remember an incident where some little turdblossom stole about 200 anti-track signs from people's yards and dumped them in the creek down the road from our old house. My brother got a commendation for picking them all out.

After a lot of fuss, it was eventually decided that a track that size would only cause more trouble than it was worth, and then suddenly we learned that it was being shoved into Joliet, which I think was pretty sneaky. Well, they have to deal with it now, 'cause it's theirs.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

That's going to be me for the entire month of March. This tiny town does not have the infrastructure to handle the HOARDES of people who will descend during March Madness. Heaven forbid they actually win again. I saw pictures of downtown after they won the NCAA - streets completely packed with people.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
        X