Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me figure out a present for TTO!!!

Ok
    So TTO's Bday (and our 5 year anniversary) fall on the 4th of June.

I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT TO GET HIM.

I've gotten him a barbecue, kidnapped him for a weekend away, gotten him a personalised T-shirt for Eve Online and I can't remember what else for previous bdays/anniversaries.

He's a BOY. I can't shop for boys! I can shop for girls till the cows come home, but I somehow don't think TTO would like a Bubble Bath Of Doom package...

He's very into bodybuilding, Wheel of Time, MMPORGS, EVE Online, horror movies, BAD horror movies, heavy metal, rock, parodies, comedies and the internet. He likes food (all types), but doesn't drink. He loves backscritches, head massages, sleep, and series like Lost, Fringe, Stargate (all of em), Jericho etc. He's not metrosexual, but he uses whatever I buy him

He does NOT like: stupid people, bad drivers, chick flicks, musicals, opera, being nagged, being sick, Nvidia, the company I work for, traffic, not having money, and stupid people (yeah, I know I said that twice - that's how much he doesn't like them).

I WOULD buy him the "I've had up to HERE with midgets" Tshirt from Tshirt hell (coz he's 6'10" - EVERYONE'S a midget to him!), but our post office would nick it.

Ideas! Please!

PS I know it seems like I'm asking early, but I like to plan ahead and save up.
    The report button - not just for decoration

why would the post office take the shirt?
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Your post office steals everything you get, right? Maybe have it shipped to a relative's or something?

Comment

Maybe if there are any special edition things for eve? Dunno. I have a friend who plays(I love the space backgrounds they have ) if you wanted to find out anything about that without asking him.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I always get my SO something from one of our favorite online stores - http://site.despair.com/despairwear/

The quality is outstanding, and if TTO is anything like my SO (they seem to have the same likes and dislikes and are born quiet close together) you'll be able to find something there! Reasonbably priced and quick to deliver!

An example of one sayings on one of their shirts you can select (without having to click on their link) is:

End Corruption
          Or at least let me be a part of it!

Good luck!
          No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

I have a couple of ideas. They're both from thinkgeek, and I'm not at all sure how their shipping works, but you may be able to find these elsewhere. I found the Mana one at a local electronics store (Fry's Electronics), so you may not even have to go to the internet to get these. But here they are.

Mana Energy Potion
            Health Energy Potion

It's just that the bottles look like they might in a video game, and it amused me greatly when I saw the Mana bottle.
            Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 02-25-2009, 02:53 AM. Reason: grammar, adding things.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
              why would the post office take the shirt?
              I'm in South Africa. Our national post office is so bad, that even Amazon has blacklisted them!

Quoth Chazzie View Post
              Your post office steals everything you get, right? Maybe have it shipped to a relative's or something?
              It's the national postal office that sucks. Seriously. They'll steal anything that looks mildly valuable.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                It's the national postal office that sucks. Seriously. They'll steal anything that looks mildly valuable.
                How awful! So how do you ever get stuff?
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

If he likes horror movies, bad ones. I have one that he may not of seen. It's only about 10 minutes long, but it's stupid and a bit scary and a bit funny. Check it out, if you like:

http://store.dvdexpeditor.com/gbddvd.html

That could be one gift, it's not that expensive. You could maybe make a gift basket of stuff, maybe showing how much you know him or something.
                  "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

is there a spa near you that does couple stuff? a couple massage would be fun

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                      How awful! So how do you ever get stuff?
                      Paying through the nose for a courier...for some reason, they never steal my bills!

Quoth Monica View Post
                      That could be one gift, it's not that expensive. You could maybe make a gift basket of stuff, maybe showing how much you know him or something.
                      Oooh, I like the gift basket idea....*ponder* I need to find the Tremors 2 DVD, as I know he LOVES that movie.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      is there a spa near you that does couple stuff? a couple massage would be fun
                      I like that too - I could maybe include a voucher for a massage in the basket....

Comment

I don't know TTO, and don't know if he is into sports, nor what type of sports, but if so, you might want to consider some kind of awesome surprise package. Like, say, a shirt/jersey from his favorite team....and in the box with the jersey, tickets to a game of theirs, etc., etc. Just a thought.

Some other random ideas based upon what you said about TTO....

Quoth iradney View Post
                        He's very into bodybuilding
                        Perhaps some weights/equipment/membership to a gym? Not really knowledgable here.

Quoth iradney View Post
                        horror movies
                        Perhaps an entire franchise of DVD's: say, all the Friday the 13th's, all the Freddy's, or all the Saw's, in one package.

Quoth iradney View Post
                        heavy metal, rock
                        Or perhaps a whole bunch of CD's by bands he likes but perhaps doesn't have those CD's.

Quoth iradney View Post
                        parodies, comedies
                        The possibilities here are endless, of course, but some classics are Blazing Saddles, the Holy Grail, the Meaning of Life, Office Space, There's Something About Mary, American Pie, History of the World Part 1, Kentucky Fried Movie, Amazon Women on the Moon, or Spaceballs.

Quoth iradney View Post
                        He loves backscritches, head massages, sleep
                        A spa package?

Quoth iradney View Post
                        He does NOT like: stupid people
                        I have seen one t-shirt that I thought was hilarious: "Stupidity is not against the law. You're free to go."

Just a few ideas. I may have more later tonight when I am not just waking up, as I am now.

Quoth iradney View Post
                        I'm in South Africa. Our national post office is so bad, that even Amazon has blacklisted them!

They'll steal anything that looks mildly valuable.
                        So you either need to buy the stuff personally or pay extra for a courier then, right?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

The problem with 'he likes this or that' is that the recipient almost invariably has all the things suggested.

Got me wondering, what sort of things is he vaguely interested in or not tried?

Rapscallion

Comment

Er....
                            He used to juggle...and he played Magic: the gathering and Yugi-oh the card game for a while. But you kind of need others to play it too, and I'll be honest - it's not my bag, baby. I could just buy him one of his body building supplements, but that's not exactly a creative gift...

Comment

Working...
                            X