This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandfather died

I just got the news. He died this morning.

My grandfather was my favorite grandparent. He loved people, and he was always making friends wherever he went. He was a real cowboy; he used to own a ranch, and he grew up in a sparsely settled area where horseback was the most common form of transportation.

He was funny as hell, with a very salty, racy sense of humor. He told me stories about his parents and grandparents; I remember looking at photos of his family while he told me about them.

He used to visit us on his way through town. He was always hitting the road to just see the places and people he knew, and there were a lot of them. We'd break into the ice cream, and if we didn't have any, he and I would make a trip to the store to buy some. He always stocked our fridge before leaving, too.

He was a truly good person, a real original, and now he's gone. This is too much.

*snugs* It's never easy to loose a grandparent, specially if they are of the ones we love the most. I hope you and your family are doing well and that things go smoothly for you. My prayers are with you.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      *snugs* It's never easy to loose a grandparent, specially if they are of the ones we love the most. I hope you and your family are doing well and that things go smoothly for you. My prayers are with you.
      Quoted for truth.

*hugs*
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I forgot to mention, he was my last surviving grandparent. He lived a good, long life, but being the kind of person he was, he's still going to be missed terribly.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather. He sounded like a great guy and a real blessing to you. I'll keep you and him in my prayers.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I fear I'll be posting something similar within the month, myself.

My grandfather is fighting a losing battle, and the doctors only gave him 4-6 weeks. I keep cringing when the phone rings, knowing it's going to soon be THE call. And I can't do anything to go see him, or probably even make it to the funeral.

<HUGS!!> It's tough, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Take care.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm sorry, honey, I know how it is. I lost both my beloved grandfathers years ago, and I still think about them both a lot.

My thoughts are with your family.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. You have my sympathies.

Both of my grandfathers are gone now. Mom's dad passed away in '89. Still hard to believe that it'll have been 20 years this May. I lost my other grandfather in 2001 after a lengthy illness.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm so sorry. *HUGS*
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

*HUGS*
                          I'm thinking of you and your family.
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

*offers comfort, hugs, chocolate, ....and did I mention HUGS?* I'll be thinking of you.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

One of the things I really wish about him, is that I'd had it together enough to shoot miles of tape of him talking about our family. He would have been an excellent documentary subject, and he knew so much about our family history (telling some very funny stories about his own grandfather, for example).

It would have been a good tribute to him, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X