This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Bell SC

Last Sunday I went to Taco Bell for lunch. When I got to the counter to place my order the first thing the cashier told me was that there would be at least a ten minute wait. Since I was doing my laundry at the laundromat next door I had plenty of time to kill, so I told her it wouldn't be a problem. The next customer came up and she told him the same thing, this guy was setting off the old SC Radar even before she said anything, "This is an outrage!" he shouts "How can there be a wait on a Sunday!"
    "We're very busy at the moment." I feel for this poor cashier,
    "There's nobody in here!", actually there were a few people inside but there was a huge line at the drive thru.
    "We're shorthanded at the moment and there's a long line at the drive thru."
    "They can wait! get started on my order now!" I couldn't make out what the cashier said after that but whatever she said made the loser yell, "You're useless! get me your manager now!"
    The manager comes up and asks the SC what the problem is, he goes on about how much he hates going there and always has to wait and how miserable they're making his kids, yeah I'm sure it's Taco Bell's fault his kids are exposed to stupidity. To his kids credit though, they looked totally embarrassed by the whole tirade, can't blame them. I guess the SC genes didn't carry over to them. As he leaves he drags his kids out yelling on how he wanted them to get an education and not have to work in a job meant for stupid people. Jerk.
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Total a-hole! I always appreciate it when I go into any type of business and one of the employees tells me that there is going to be a bit of a wait.

A 10 minute wait isn't really that long anyway. A bit of a threadjack here, if I may. My bride to be is a high school teacher. I've been to Winter Formal, Home Coming, and Prom in the last year (stuff I didn't really do when I was in HS).

For money reasons (and time I think) we decided to stop by the Del Taco near my house before Winter Formal. I think we ordered our meal at 6:00 and ended up getting it at like 6:25 or something like that. The "dining room" wasn't crowded and the drive thru wasn't slammed. They were just very ssllooww.

If someone would have told us that they were just slow that night, we might have gone elsewhere or sucked it up. It would have been nice to know either way.

Comment

That's just plain rude! I hate when a person looks down upon the job of another person. It doesn't matter that you don't have to go to college to cook fast food. If you do your job and do it well, no one has any right to look down upon you! Afterall, someone's gotta do it! jeez, the nerve...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
        As he leaves he drags his kids out yelling on how he wanted them to get an education and not have to work in a job meant for stupid people. Jerk.
        I supported myself in grad school by working at a major pizza delivery chain. A higher percentage of people I worked with there had advanced degrees than of those I work with in my current position in IT. My coworkers at PH included a PhD in physics, a PhD in chemistry, and an MS in electrical engineering. Among those without degrees we had musicians, writers, and several who were fluent in three or more languages. Almost everyone was very well-read and had a depth of experience that made them excellent conversationalists.

All of which is to say, I laugh my @ss off every time I hear frustrated morons deride service workers as "stupid" or "uneducated". Sorry your life sucks, pal, but if I'm choosing sides in a battle of wits I'll take the guy behind the counter over you every time.

Comment

Working...
        X