• Show
Clear All

• Sucky Telemarketer?

This happened to me just now....

ST: Red cross telemarketer
    Me: Yours truly
    (items for clarification)

Ok I live in Small town NY, Big Town is 2 hours away

ST: Hello my name is so and so and I am calling from the red cross is this squirrel?
    Me: Yes I am squirrel how can i help you?
    ST: Well we are having a blood drive at the Main Place mall (in Big town)
    Me: I am sorry that is two hours away from where i live
    ST: Oh where do you live?
    Me: Small town NY
    ST: Is it always 2 hours away?
    Me: .....blink blink........No, every once in a while Big town gets bored and moves closer to small town
    ST: Oh. Have a good night

wow...i figure she is tired or something since it is 10 minutes to 9 at night
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

ROFL.

but thanks for reminding me... gotta check the calendar to see when i can get tapped for teh bloodz0rz next.

Comment

Maybe she was thinking of traffic?? I hear in certain parts of NY a ten minute drive can take an hour at the right time of day. Does the Red Cross really make calls that late at night? sounds a little fishy.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Yeah the vampires can call up to 9pm since a lot of ppl aren't available at work and hate leaving messages for some reason

as for traffic, in the "big city" *coughBuffalocough* traffic jams are usually a 10 min delay.
        You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Ah. I'm sorry Squirrel. I'm from little ol' Utah, What I know of New York state is limited to The Statue of Liberty, GTA, and what I see on the news. I've been forced to conclude that anything outside of NYC is forgotten and unloved.
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            Ah. I'm sorry Squirrel. I'm from little ol' Utah, What I know of New York state is limited to The Statue of Liberty, GTA, and what I see on the news. I've been forced to conclude that anything outside of NYC is forgotten and unloved.
            sadly you are right...so many ppl think nyc is the capital

Comment

NYC and LA combine to form the capitol of the world. The rest of us are just accessories... like little dogs in oversized purses.

Comment

Maybe she meant to ask if that was including traffic conditions? I wouldn't consider it terribly sucky.

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
                  sadly you are right...so many ppl think nyc is the capital
                  I know, right? Mind you, Albany isn't exactly the most exciting place on the planet.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                    Actually, The Statue of Liberty is property of the *snerk* great state *snerk* of New Jersey.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
                      Yeah the vampires can call up to 9pm since a lot of ppl aren't available at work and hate leaving messages for some reason

as for traffic, in the "big city" *coughBuffalocough* traffic jams are usually a 10 min delay.
                      i hate driving there. which is another reason why i'm glad i picked somewhere else to live

Comment

Amethyst, if it makes you feel better, I've gotten the same thing... my family lives in Reno, growing up we'd be on vacation and people would ask if we enjoyed going to (insert Vegas attraction here)... it's like, I have no idea, I've never been to Vegas... the idea that there was Nevada outside of Vegas was foreign to them.

Utah is even worse for outsiders... apparently there is a total of a couple dozen of us, all lving in the Temple
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

This brings back memories of how pushy the blood drive people were at the community college I went to. They would follow you down the hall asking you to give blood, and some didn't take just a simple know (usually followed that with comments like 'it won't hurt a bit' or 'you don't need to be scared' or going into guilt trip mode)

I'm glad I actually had a legitimate excuse to get rid of them.

Along the lines of assuming you're near big city. It seems you tell almost anyone outside of the state that you live (or used to live) in Illinois, the automatic response is "Oh? near Chicago then?" or some such.
                          Last edited by raine_naoe; 02-26-2009, 09:17 PM.
                          I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            Actually, The Statue of Liberty is property of the *snerk* great state *snerk* of New Jersey.
                            I used to say that to start fights in middle school..LOL. Being from the great state of NJ myself, I wanted to claim it as ours....

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                              Am I the only person who thinks it would be really cool if someone took a giant vat of copper polish to that thing?
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                              X