This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogs=trouble

My sister has her boyfriend's dog over--a big Weimaraner. Her dog is a boxer. These two dogs are so stupid together and play all the time.

They have been in and out all day and we put them out again and it's dark outside. Don't know really what they do out there, besides play.

This happened about ten minutes ago. I was in the house, near the backdoor and since it is pleasant outside, we have all the windows open. I heard this high pitch whining sound and I ignored it for five minutes before realising that it wasn't the boxer crying...it was the Weimaraner, who never makes much noise.

I went to the door, thinking he was crying to be let in. No dogs.

Then I went to the kitchen window and looked out. There was the Weimaraner--IN THE POOL!

Now, we haven't had the pool cleaned in a long, long time because the motor is broken and it's low on the priority list. So it's dirty water and since we are just coming out of winter, the water is near freezing still.

The dog is tall enough that if he stands on his hind legs in the shallow end, he can literally cling to the side of the pool. I ran outside and tried to get him out, but he won't move.

So I yell to get his owner--sis's boyfriend and they come running out. He tries to get his dog to swim to the steps, but he won't. Then, he grabs him and hauls him out, somehow.

I had a towel so we wrapped him up and he was shaking so hard. So his owner picks him up and puts him in the bathtub and gives him a warm bath, which he would have needed anyway because he stank.

Thank goodness I heard the whining sounds or else I don't know what would have happened to that pitiful dog.

I just don't think he went in on his own...I think he was running and fell in on accident. Poor thing.

My favorite prof had a dog that looked like a mix between a golden retriever and a corgi. Stupid dog, but sweet. I was doing some painting at their house while they were on vacation. Came in the back gate one morning to find the poor dog drowned in the pool. Not a happy day...

Glad the Weimaraner got out ok!!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

"stupid dog, you made me look bad!"

A cookie to anyone who knows the series where the quote is from.

Comment

You mean your pool isn't fenced? Perhaps it will be, after this incident . . .

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          "stupid dog, you made me look bad!"

A cookie to anyone who knows the series where the quote is from.
          Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Nom nom nom nom nom nom.

Comment

Working...
          X