Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog owners take note...(a rant and wtf)

One would think it would go without saying that if you get a dog you accept the responsibility of owning said dog, including the icky parts. That means PICK UP YOUR DOGS' SHIT. Seriously, this is a large complex and there are many, many dogs here. I should know, I have a couple that walk outside, and shit, often. There is a doggy bag dispenser in every courtyard! Those plastic grocery sacks you always have a ton of and don't want to throw away work great! Put your junk mail to a better use than what was intended! PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG. IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO DO THIS SIMPLE (ALTHOUGH YUCKY AT TIMES) TASK THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A DOG!

That being said I have seen the epitome of lazy fuckheadedness. Today I saw, on the grass, a largish pile o' dog crap with toilet paper on top of it. This means that there is someone that makes the effort to put TP in their pocket prior to walking their dog, WIPE THE DOGS' BUTT, and STILL leave it on the ground complete with TP! If you can do the first 2 of those tasks, certainly you can put a bag in your pocket with the TP, and when you're all bent down wiping your canines' hershey highway, you can pick up the load at the same time!

And before you ask, yup, I'm sure it was dog poo and not some drunk. Drunks that can't make it to a toilet usually don't have TP with them, or the motor skills to wipe.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

What, do they think the toilet paper will magically hide the shit?

There aren't any dogs or cats around here, as 99% of landlords around here have a zero tolerance pet policy.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money if their dogs pooped in their house, that stuff would be cleaned out in a nanosecond.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I'm willing to bet a lot of money if their dogs pooped in their house, that stuff would be cleaned out in a nanosecond.
      Sadly, I've come across pet owners for whom that wouldn't be true...

Comment

They wiped the dog's butt? WTF???

Seriously, it doesn't smell that good - SO PICK IT UP. Other people shouldn't have to smell it too!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We occasionally have to wipe one of our cats....long hair + touchy stomach = something you don't want to sit on your couch or bed. Not often, thankfully...understandably she hates it! But it's better than having dried poo matted into her butt fur.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Had to wipe one of my kitteh's bums until he learned to clean it himself. Horrible job. Thankfully he hated it as much as I did, and learnt. LOL.

Those neighbours are disgusting! I live in suburbia and I'm sick of going to mow my front lawn and finding dog crap on it. I don't know if this is wandering unattended dogs, or someone's actually walking it and lets it 'go' on my lawn. Yuk.

And no, I don't mean that strip of grass on the pavement. I mean coming through the driveway gap in my (low) fence and crapping on the big square of MY lawn in my house's personal space.

Comment

Wiping of the pooche's butt, I can see in some circumstances. My issue is, if you're going to be putting in that kind of extra effort for your dog, then why not pick up the ensuing mess? To me it makes about as much sense as having a dog prfessionally groomed and then not feeding it.

WTF?
              "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
                Sadly, I've come across pet owners for whom that wouldn't be true...
                Seriously...when we first moved into the house my parents still live in (I was only two so I only know this second-hand) the living room carpet smelled so bad from the previous owners' dog(s?) peeing on it that my parents ripped up the carpet and we lived with the plywood floor for six months until they could afford new carpet.

I used to have to blot the drop off the end of Pablo's boy part so I could cuddle with him after we went out and not get yellow spots on my clothes.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X