This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom lost her job

Yep. I can't believe it actually happened. She worked at a cash advancing place that was in a very obscure place and wasn't doing well. They let HER go, instead of her assistant because they felt that my mom wasn't putting her heart into the place.

The assistant,however, called in whenever she wanted,lost a key, and never really did her job. Now, she gets my mom's job. My mom always went in when called in and worked everyday,but Sunday, when the store was closed. My mom almost lost her life for this store.

So, I have to help out as much as I can. My store is giving me crap hours, so my friend Tattoo is letting me do odd jobs for him for a pretty good amount of money. This includes helping him around the house and with the baby. I put in an application at a local coffeehouse, but because of Tattoo, I most likely won't need it, since he's paying handsomely.

I don't know what I would do without Tattoo. We've had our bad times, where we have yelled and screamed and told each other to go die, but we have been through alot together. I helped him in his hour of need, so he is helping me in mine.

Thanks Tattoo.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Tattoo,huh?

I'm sorry..I can't resist:

"Da plane boss, da plane!!"....LOL!

<ducks>

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      Yep. I can't believe it actually happened. She worked at a cash advancing place that was in a very obscure place and wasn't doing well. They let HER go, instead of her assistant because they felt that my mom wasn't putting her heart into the place.

The assistant,however, called in whenever she wanted,lost a key, and never really did her job. Now, she gets my mom's job. My mom always went in when called in and worked everyday,but Sunday, when the store was closed. My mom almost lost her life for this store.
      They probably kept the assistant on because she's cheaper. She probably won't get your mom's old salary.

It still sucks that they let your mom go, though. I'm sorry.
      Last edited by strawbabies; 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, because sometimes in bad economical times, it makes more sense (to the braindead higherups, that is) to get rid of longer term hard working employees because they are usually paid more beause of their longer tenure.

And in times like these where almost every place isn't doing well, they aren't really caring about worth ethic or dedication anymore, so they don't feel a huge loss or care very much about letting go of the most dedicated longtime workers.

Which is why I've all of a sudden became very worried lately.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X