This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ordered a new toy. :D

I got my tax returns back this week, State on Wed, and Federal actually sent me money today, so I just finished ordering a new toy for school.

Now, I didn't get a brand new one, but a refurb, which saved me about $700 from this model. There are a few other differences as well because it's a bit older, but they are minor.

My order currently shows estimated arrival between Tue and Sat next week.

Wish me luck. I've got an entire new OS to learn now. Now, to juggle my checkbook a bit to ensure I have food for the next two weeks...

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

well, look on the bright side ETG, Macs are the easiest computers on the planet to learn (seriously, it took me less than an hour to figure everything out on mine... I had more trouble goving from XP to Vista than XP to Mac... though oddly had less trouble going from Mac to Vista than XP to Vista...)
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Niiiice!!! I think you'll probably have the latest version of OSX 10.5 (Leopard), If I'm not mistaken, sometime around when Microsoft launches Windows 7 is when Apple would launch Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6). Both of my little sisters have Mac Book Pros with Leopard on it...but theirs is not a 17" like yours. Macs are easy to use, they just take a little time to get used to if you're more of a Windows person.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ohhh you'll LOVE your Mac! I love mine It's like, one of the best OSs in the freaking world and easy easy easy...

And smiley, you had less trouble going from Mac to Vista because Vista is just Window's cracked out version of Mac.

Comment

Nice. My work has a deal with Apple so we get discounts on their stuff. My brother just used it to get a new Mac. I also get a discount on Dell, and I plan to use my tax refund ($480 total from federal and state) to get a new computer. I also have $100 cash from Christmas, and right now I have $100 available from my Discover cash back award. But my dad said anything I get now will have Vista on it, and I might be better off waiting until Windows 7 comes out in the fall. Maybe I'll wait leave my Discover money there until I buy it, and then put whatever I have by then towards the bill when it comes time to pay it off.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Am I the only weird one who actually likes vista? I've been using my boyfriend's laptop for a few weeks now, and it has vista, I think it has some pretty awesome features personally. And I had no problem switching from XP. (in fact, he has the tower from his desktop computer linked to his laptop, and I've switched between the two no problem.) I had issues trying to figure out macs though. Maybe I'm just a PC girl :P I do admit that macs are pretty though, and I love my ipod!
            “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
              Am I the only weird one who actually likes vista? I've been using my boyfriend's laptop for a few weeks now, and it has vista, I think it has some pretty awesome features personally. And I had no problem switching from XP. (in fact, he has the tower from his desktop computer linked to his laptop, and I've switched between the two no problem.) I had issues trying to figure out macs though. Maybe I'm just a PC girl :P I do admit that macs are pretty though, and I love my ipod!
              No, you're not the only one who likes Vista. I do as well. My main reason for getting the MacBook was to use it at school, since my laptop simply doesn't run the Adobe suites very well, and I really liked how easy things worked on the Mac's at school.

The biggest thing I had trouble with last term at school was the common task-bar at the top, rather than individual ones on each application. It'll still take some getting used to, and I have to read up on some of the things I do on a day-to-day basis with my windows laptop, like ripping my netflix DVD's and watching just the images at work (that way I don't risk breaking them between home and work...).

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

My dad has Vista on his computer and he's not too happy at the moment. Something went all kerflooey and he's been trying all day to reinstall it and get it working. So far I don't think he's succeeded.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X