This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm about half deaf now, but it was sooo worth it

I went to Chicago last night to see a concert and cannot hear today.

It was Burn Halo, Papa Roach, Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold, and it was AWESOME!

I had only heard of Burn Halo and hadn't heard their music, but they were pretty good. They have kind of a Shinedown sound. Not too bead, but not awesome either, the lead singer is definitely still green to working a crowd, but I think he'll get better.

If anyone here gets a chance, I highly recommend seeing Papa Roach. They were excellent and Jacoby Shaddix is a nut. He came out into the arena during one of their songs and is just insane. The rest of the guys are great. They were my second favorite band of the night.

Buckcherry was pretty good, but Josh Todd is not so good with the crowd interaction either. Their lead guitarist is very good and the crowd went crazy over "Too Drunk" and of course "Crazy Bitch" which closed their set.

My favorite of the night and the band that I really went to see was Avenged Sevenfold. Let me just say that they rock out loud and Synyster Gates is HAWT as hell. OMG, the things I would do to that boy. (Ignore that last part, please) Its fun for us girls when the bands rock and are easy on the eyes, let me tell you. Of course we were laughing at them too because they are just a bunch of goofballs and were acting like a bunch of crazy men on stage the whole time.

All in all it was an extremely enjoyable evening and I was even a nice mama and brought my 14 year old dd a t-shirt back. Even though I got a text from her during A7X's set after I sent her a picture mail on her phone that said "GET CLOSER WOMAN! I NEED A GOOD PICTURE OF GATES DANGIT!" What can I say? That's my kid. The only thing I would not want to repeat was walking around Chicago in the horrible cold out there last night.

Now, does anyone have a good way to get my ears to stop ringing?

Quoth sportsmom View Post
    Now, does anyone have a good way to get my ears to stop ringing?
    I remember doing that many years ago. Went to see Blue Oyster Cult live and was close enough to the stage to feel the base coming from the speakers.

Best. Concert. Ever! My ears ran all that night at work (I went to work immediately from the concert and was a half-hour late, but they were aware of it ahead of time).

It took a couple days for the ringing to fully subside. I'd suggest keeping the volume on things down until then.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

avenged sevenfold!!!!! I am sooo jealous!!
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

We could when Buckcherry started and a few times during Sevenfold's set. We were about 8 people back from the stage.

Comment

Damn I haven't been to a concert in awhile. One of the best ones, which made my ears ring for days was when I went to see Judas Priest with my brother. We were in the 5th row.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Mike, I told the two girls I went with on Friday night tht I've been going to shows like this since they were both fresh out of diapers. One of them is 9 years younger than me and the other one is 11 years younger. I saw Priest with Cinderella (how's that for dating myself) when I was 13. That was an awesome show.

When Sevenfold came on, we were about 8 people back from the stage. When I showed my daughter the pics last night she told me "You have now reached anew level of suckage Mom". I just laughed, I'm an evil mom like that sometimes.

Comment

I keep seeing this thread on the list and reading it as "So I'm half dead now..."
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I promise I am not half dead, but I think I froze about half to death waiting for the train Friday night. It was freakin' cold outside!

My ears finally stopped ringing Sunday afternoon sometime.

BTW, there are plenty of videos from the concert up on Youtube, just enter one of the bands name with "chicago 2-27" and a bunch pop up.

My poor dd told me yesterday that everyone got to do cool stuff this weekend except her. Her MOM got to go see that awesome concert on Friday and then Saturday night, her boyfriend got to go see Slipknot. Poor kid, I feel so bad for her.

No really....I do.....really.

Comment

Working...
                X