This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby's First Gay Bar

My friend C called me up saying he wants to drink tonight, but not alone. He suggests a gay bar. Being the terminally straight female that I am, I accept.

Honestly, I'm a little wary. I mean, isn't it kind of impolite? Like going to a Goth club in neon green.

But I'm making him buy me drinks, so yay, free booze.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Impolite? No. As long as _you're_ not impolite.

The door to any gay bar is open, the same as any straight bar's. Come to think of it, probably even more open. I've never had anything but a great time at any I've ever gone to with friends over the past 35 years, and never have I been treated as if I was out of place or unwelcome.

Go with your friend, have a good time! Don't give it another thought.

Comment

The only two bars I go to here are gay bars. It's awesome, you'll have a blast, and get some awesome views, but not have to be worried about being hit on

Enjoy yourself, enjoy the booze, and don't worry about a thing!

Comment

I had lots of fun. It was SOOO busy, since apparently every Friday and Saturday they have the drag show. Now that was fun. And at the end, the Mistress of Ceremonies did a little standup and a bunch of guys near the front were tossing off non-serious bitchy comments.

Also, lots of eye-candy in the staff. The guys were mostly shirtless and the girls wore hot-pants/tank-top ensembles.

I think I want to go again, only not on Friday or Saturday.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Gay bars are so much fun! Great music, lots of dancing, no grabass-ing...hell, a bunch of my friends used to go to one....gays, straights, men, women...didn't matter! Yes, straight guys went and it was fine.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Gay bars ARE fun. I think my favourite part is that nobody's really all that worried about what anyone else thinks - they're just doing their own thing, being genuine in a way they might not be able to elsewhere. (Kink Night was a REAL eye-opener ) "Straight" bars are usually just the opposite, as everyone preens and struts but conceals everything important about who they are as people.

Generally I prefer pubs to bars (I like to sit and chat with my friends over a beer or three), and gay bars/dance clubs over straight ones. I always go out with friends so it's never been a matter of meeting anyone at a bar other than as a new friend to talk to.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              Gay bars are so much fun!

...no grabass-ing...
              Not always true on the second point. I would be lying if I said I have never had someone grab me in a way I did not want to be grabbed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q54LJ5RsqRw

Carry on... XD

Honestly, I went to one once and it was fun. They played disco music all night, no-one tried to grab my arse and I danced with loads of guys in a fun, drunken way, knowing that none of them would try to cop a feel.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Glad to hear you had fun Yeah we have drag shows at ours... Though Club Connections has one of the top rated drag shows in the US, so yeah I love Hurricane Summers to death (by the way i've met some of the queens in person, so it's always cool)... Plus we have a shower boy at Club Connections... Oh I so wish I could take you there

Did you tip a queen? Heehe that's always fun

Comment

heh...I had one of the queens compliment me on my outfit (short skirt, knee boots, crazy top). She was so awesomely put together I took it as a massive compliment.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Ha, this guy that my boyf used to work with was a queen; he used to dress up with the works; short skirt, wig, shaved legs, makeup... even heels. XD I met him once at a work do; he loved my skirt, which was the only skirt in the room as short as his, and my hair. We danced to Simply The Best together.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I would be lying if I said I have never had someone grab me in a way I did not want to be grabbed.
                        I would like to plead the fifth to that one

ok, so in reality, it wasn't me... I've never grabbed a straight guys ass before... come to think of it, I've never grabbed a gay guys ass before either... nor been to a gay bar... now I feel kind depressed
                        We shall have to remedy all of those soon (except the grabbing a straight guy's ass... that would be inappropriate )
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

What about a straight girl grabbing a gay guy's arse? XD
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            What about a straight girl grabbing a gay guy's arse? XD
                            I was certainly tempted. SOOO many cute gay guys hanging all over their boyfriends.

Also rum and coke. I was in my happy place.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              I've never grabbed a straight guys ass before...
                              You are assuming I am talking about having an ass grabbed.

I never did say which body parts were being pawed, now did I?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X