X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thoughts/vibes requested

My best friend Asfia has recently become a mother. Yay for her

But due to health issues (she has hypertension), she opted for a C-section. I teased her about it being a better alternative than 18+ hours of labour. Well next time I should keep my mouth shut. The surgery has left her in a lot of pain. She'll be suffering though it for the next 2 weeks at least. Yikes, suddenly labour sounds like a walk in the park.

Oddly enough while I was talking to her on the phone, it didn't even occur to me to ask about her baby. I guess I was a little more worried about her. The baby's fine, so get in line

She asked me to pray for her. I don't believe in prayer myself, but for her I'll make an exception. Please send good wishes/vibes/thoughts/prayers her way.
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Firstly, here's a bunch of good vibes...... #~$#~$#~#~$#$~#$

Okay, so now, I wonder if prayer counts from a non-prayer-believer? I mean, if your friend knows that you don't personally believe in prayer, would she firmly believe your prayer would help at all? I guess some believers think any prayer helps, but wouldn't it theoretically only count if you actually believed in what you're praying to/for?

Sorry, not the direction you wanted to go, I know, but there were some good vibes to start with!

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
      The surgery has left her in a lot of pain. She'll be suffering though it for the next 2 weeks at least. Yikes, suddenly labour sounds like a walk in the park.
      My daughter is 18 now, so it's been ages since my c-section, but 2 weeks seems like a pretty long time to be in a lot of pain from it. Prayers are on the way.

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      Okay, so now, I wonder if prayer counts from a non-prayer-believer? I mean, if your friend knows that you don't personally believe in prayer, would she firmly believe your prayer would help at all? I guess some believers think any prayer helps, but wouldn't it theoretically only count if you actually believed in what you're praying to/for?
      I'm sure her friend appreciates whatever support she gets, no matter what form it takes.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Prayer always counts.

I don't think it's possible to pray and not, on some level, believe that some sort of power is happening. Even if you are an atheist. If you didn't believe it was worth anything, then you wouldn't do it.

By the way, Talon, consider it done.

Comment

Wow. 2 weeks is a long time to be in pain. My thoughts and prayers are with her. Hope she gets better quickly.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
          X