This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic-type question

Does anyone know how to stop sheets and comforters from wrinkling after they're dry??!

I don't have time to iron my sheets but it seems like they're always wrinkled no matter what I do. I head that the lower the thread count, the less likely they are to wrinkle, which is true. I used to have fancy Egyptian cotton sheets that felt nice; but I hated them because they would look terrible when I laid them out on the bed.

Any Heloises here? Or does anyone know where to look for this kind of info?

Thanks!
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

It's a sheet. It will be wrinkled as soon as you sleep on it anyway

Although- how do you dry it? Tumble drying often leaves things with more creases than air drying. And my washing machine has a 'less creases' option- if yours has too, you might try it? Do you use fabric softener?

I've found (I refuse to Iron, life is just too short) that a combination of fabric softener and hanging my stuff up to dry gets rid of 90% of the creases in everything except linen, and in linen giving it a little spritz with some water with a little diluted fabric softener does the rest.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

If you use a dryer, take them out immediately and fold them (wrinkle-lessly) while they're warm.

If you use a line, hang them so they fall straight, and fold them immediately you take them off the line.

Move them straight from the washing machine to the dryer/line as well.

You can often ease wrinkles out of something by hanging it carefully in the bathroom before you take a shower, and let the steam soften the wrinkles. I don't know how a sheet would go, though.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

There are two methods to reduce/prevent creases/wrinkles.

#1. Allow the dryer cycle to finish and go to the cool down air cycle (for some reason they will wrinkle a little more if they are real hot, then if they are slightly cooler). Then fold.

You can also use a couple of clamps on the wall to help fold, We had a bar with clamps on it at the hotel laundry to help fold the sheets.

A little fabric softner helps also.

#2. Get about a pint of vodka (or other spirit in the 50-80 Proof range), Guzzle said spirits, wait about 15 minutes. Now you no longer give a shit about wrinkly sheets.

Or hint #3 to keep wrinkles out of the sheets......Fuck on the floor!
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

*facepalms at digilight's hint...* Oye...

Mine don't have many if at all creases/wrinkles when I let the dryer fully finish it's sheets cycle and then give it about five minuets to let them fully cool. Of course I only have two sheet sets and they get changed weekly....that and when you make the bed your pulling the sheet taunt so you shouldn't be able to see wrinkles.

Mom says to do 50/50 with softner and white viniger in the rinse cycle of the washing machine and then hang outside if their is a good breeze.

Comment

Get someone else to do the ironing...?
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

we have a king sized bed and there is NO freaking way Im ironing something that large!

I find taking the duvet cover out of the dryer when its 3/4 dry and then putting it straight onto the duvet takes care of most of the wrinkles.

If we have guests over I break the iron out and iron the cover while its ON the bed because then its a lot easier to get to the whole thing and not have to shift it around on an ironing board.

As all of our beds (all two of them) have duvets or blankets I dont bother about sheets
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I've found my Egyptian cotton sheets come out a lot nicer if I don't use a high heat. Medium is plenty warm enough and it doesn't set or cause more wrinkles.

Comment

Working...
                X