This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEAVENLY parents

I still can't believe this. Christmas came early, I think.

I was hanging out in my favorite bookstore when a woman came in and started browsing. A minute or so later, a man and three young girls came in. I'd guess that the oldest was around 11 years old.

The woman and her husband were checking out the latest releases; the girls found a book on David Beckham, took it off the shelf, and leafed through it quietly. When this got old, they returned the book to the shelf. Two of the girls started goofing off a bit; chasing each other around the shelf unit in the middle of the store (though not making noise, and not going fast at all).

The mother called the older girl over to her and spoke to her in a low, gentle, but firm voice. I caught the words "...disappointing behavior. Go and stand over there."

And the girl did! When the younger girl tried to coax her out, the father went to stand with the older girl. He told her about "a girl named [here he inserted the girl's name] who went to school and her brain became HUGE."

The parents each got a book, and left with their beautifully-behaved children.

There is a God, after all.
Working...
X