This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo...I finally got my way

So, does anyone recall my asking for help with choosing between a couple of my guys to nominate for Employee of the Month?

Well, I ended up putting both names forward the first time, but they lost out to another person (who really didn't deserve it, but has the bosses wrapped around her finger).

Next time, I put forward only the one guy who has been around a couple of years, and again, he lost out to another girl who does do a lot, but is also another one who has the bosses convinced they can't function wihtout her. (If you don't believe me, ask her. )

So, this month, discouraged as ever, I put his name forward again. I said, "I've put his name forward every time, and I still believe he deserves it. He is hard working, consistent and has done a wonderful job. What he has done with that warehouse was amazing. He's just a genuinely nice kid, and I don't think there is a person in this store who has a bad word to say about him, or has had a bad experience with him. He is always willing to pitch in and help, and no matter what anyone asks him to do, he does it."

Two weekends ago, I had left instructions that I wanted one of the aisles tightened up. It seemed like there was a lot of stuff just sitting there, and had been since we first set up the warehouse.
    This kid and the other really good kid, went to work on it, and when I came in on Monday morning, they had condensed the stock, and had taken 7 cartloads of freight to the floor, leaving 4 bunks completely empty.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I made sure the upper management saw it as soon as they came in.

Finally, they agreed with me, except, another little guy, who also really deserves it, was put forward, and it resulted in a tie, and they didn't bother doing a tie breaker. (The other guy is bordering on challenged, but he never stops working.)

So, even though my staff got recognition, it's apparently not enough for him to be recognized on his own this month, and let the other guy have his own space next month.

The other two girls got their very own space for a month, but my guy has to share.

Oh well, at least they finally acknowledged him.
    Last edited by Ree; 11-03-2006, 03:03 AM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

managers, they got screws loose. no offense Ree
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Ah, but the difference with Ree is that she's not been forced to forget how to care and do the right thing. I hope this continues.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
      X