This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclaimers

How many of the disclaimers and warnings are useless? How many are unnecessary? For instance, I see many stores say "Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone." Well duh. It's private property, you don't need a big sign out there.

What would happen if you just had a sign on your door that said "By entering, I release <store name> from ANY liablity whatsoever in regards to injuries, property damage, and my personal feelings".

We have to make sure that Lawyers have something to do.

I agree that to many some of those signs are basically a waste. However, it isn't common sense to everyone. People new to a contry have to learn . . . as we get older we have to learn.

At the same time having these signs up everywhere can lead to people becoming blind to signs . . .they don't actually read the important ones because in the back of their mind they think they already know the answers.

Comment

Well yea but a lot of those disclaimers stop stupid people from suing because someone was dumb enough to use the item in a unintended way and then succesfully sue.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Well yea but a lot of those disclaimers stop stupid people from suing because someone was dumb enough to use the item in a unintended way and then succesfully sue.
        "Do not iron clothes while on body" comes to mind.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          "Do not iron clothes while on body" comes to mind.
          Don't forget "the wearing of this garment does not enable the child (or self) to fly." on a superman costume.

There's a few others as well...
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            My personal favorite is the one that says "Do not use hands or genitals to stop chainsaw." Or something like that.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              My personal favorite is the one that says "Do not use hands or genitals to stop chainsaw." Or something like that.
              One question regarding that...

WHO THE HELL IS STUPID ENOUGH TO USE THEIR GENITALS TO STOP A CHAINSAW?!

That'll teach you to inappropriately use a chainsaw.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

That'll teach you to inappropriately use a chainsaw.
                If they're dumb enough to do that, then we shouldn't interfere.' We don't want that guy procreating anyways...besides, then he can get the honor of a Darwin Award.
                "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

I think his name is Richard Lester Mann now. Or at least it should be.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IMO most disclaimers is on packages because the company has already been sued for that reason.

Cuation: Coffee may be hot.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      IMO most disclaimers is on packages because the company has already been sued for that reason.

Cuation: Coffee may be hot.

Agreed. I was just going to point out that for the warning to be so obvious that it's rediculous to think it's even needed, it has had to have been tried at some point by someone, somewhere. Now where is Mr. Richard Lesman?

Comment

I don't know, but that sounds like one of GK's callers.
                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

disclaimers: there to keep stupid people from hurting themselves, thus it is anti-Darwin, I say: no disclaimers and let stupid people be stupid, and make it to where companies cant be held liable for the stupidity of humans.
                          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

http://www.bash.org/?4753
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Remove infant before folding stroller.

Comment

Working...
                              X